CBR1100XX.org Forum

CL Find in NY. 2003 XX w/1500 miles. $4395

And all those other bikes have at least been USED and MAINTAINED since being bought.

While this bike's been garage-kept, it's hardly been ridden (fine for 3-years-old, bad for 12-years-old) and no maintenance other than ONE oil change two years ago.

You know you'll need two new tires off the top...probably change upper and lower coolant hoses to be safe (possibly radiator cap as well) because of aging rubber. New battery...easy.

If the guy had at least changed fluids every 2-3 years, I'd say I'd just be looking to discount for the old tires, but he's really done nothing but ONE oil change. Hell, at not even 2,000 miles in 12 years, it doesn't even look like the motor was properly broken in (although it's young enough that it could be corrected with no long-term harm done).

Once he started riding the bike, he should have at least kept up the maintenance every couple of years. He's letting certain parts deteriorate from neglect, and you all know you'd have to spend $$$ as soon as you got it to bring some things current or risk them failing at any time. That affects the price...period.

Just ran the VIN....first registered in 2006...so that helps.

My mother always told me that if I didn't have anything nice to say, not to say anything at all. So my hand is over my mouth right now.

And all those other bikes have at least been USED and MAINTAINED since being bought.

While this bike's been garage-kept, it's hardly been ridden (fine for 3-years-old, bad for 12-years-old) and no maintenance other than ONE oil change two years ago.

You know you'll need two new tires off the top...probably change upper and lower coolant hoses to be safe (possibly radiator cap as well) because of aging rubber. New battery...easy.

If the guy had at least changed fluids every 2-3 years, I'd say I'd just be looking to discount for the old tires, but he's really done nothing but ONE oil change. Hell, at not even 2,000 miles in 12 years, it doesn't even look like the motor was properly broken in (although it's young enough that it could be corrected with no long-term harm done).

Once he started riding the bike, he should have at least kept up the maintenance every couple of years. He's letting certain parts deteriorate from neglect, and you all know you'd have to spend $$$ as soon as you got it to bring some things current or risk them failing at any time. That affects the price...period.

You need to buy new. Edited by TuffguyF4i

There are a lot of tools and sites at our disposal to find a better buy and in this condition. As of this moment, I've yet to see that better deal.

I look forward to reading one of us buying it and showing the rest of us how awesome this bike and deal really are.

:)

If I wasn't dirt poor right now, this would already be in my garage. Although very reasonable, the price is higher than loan value, and I would have to carry full coverage insurance on the bike, registered or not. Even if I could get the loan for the full amount, the insurance would almost $100 more a month. Damn.

There are a lot of tools and sites at our disposal to find a better buy and in this condition. As of this moment, I've yet to see that better deal.

I look forward to reading one of us buying it and showing the rest of us how awesome this bike and deal really are.

:)

No need to worry about Zero buying it! What difference would new oil have made if it was just going to sit in the pan? I know, its PH changes and it get a little acidic, but with this low of miles doubt it matters.

Hey Zero, Maybe offer to trade him your well maintained trailer. That thing looks like new after you let it rot in the sun and weather the last several years.

Joe, come move to Washington, live by your brother, and benefit from the fact WA state does not require insurance on any bikes, not even basic liability!

Please tell me you're just fucking with Dave on this.

I know we have a new member who may be pulling the trigger on this bike...... It would be great if someone around here not named Zero would take this....

I know we have a new member who may be pulling the trigger on this bike...... It would be great if someone around here not named Zero would take this....

I'm still running numbers, but this is too pretty to not seriously consider snapping up. Once I hear back from the bank....

AT LEAST I'M THINKING AND EXPLORING THE OPTION OF PICKING THIS UP.

The rest of you are just talking smack.

It's too pretty a bike to not belong to someone at here the .ORG where the XX is loved and appreciated. There's so few of them left out there.

I'm amazed Dave hasn't already snatched it up so he could have an XX again. He could probably round up to $5K just by going through his couch cushions.

There's an 03 on the premier site with 5300 miles and a few nice extra's for $7500.00.

That should help put this bike into perspective, depending how you look at things.... :rolleyes: