CBR1100XX.org Forum

Ruger Model #1 Varminter 22-250 w/ Leupold glass $600 locally

The first of a few firearms I'm going to be selling for my dad. If there's serious interest I'll get fresh pics uploaded.

Ruger Model #1 Varminter 22-250 w/ Leupold Vari-X III 6.5X20 scope. Harris bipod. Probably about 100 rounds through it, mostly at the local range testing hand loads. Also included is 89 reloaded rounds with 55gr Horndy SP's and 37.5gr 4064 powder. 49 unfired brass. 88 fired casings. All brass is Remington and has only been used in this rifle. Also 109 Horandy SP bullets.

$600 person to person. Located in CT. Willing to ship for the right shipping reimbursement.

That's a screaming deal with that scope and bipod. I'm not even in the market and I'm wishing I were closer.

Let me know if you'd be willing to sell that bipod separately and what model it is if you are.

Well, that scope is worth as much or more than the rifle and the bipod is another $100+, retail. Don't know that market that well, but I'd start somewhere up around a grand with the glass. It'd still be a hell of a deal at $800, IMO. At $600 if I were in CT I would have bought it already and the last thing I need is another gun.

You'd probably be better off separating the scope and gun.

Just did some digging around, and I was wrong, that rifle is worth more than I thought. That's still an expensive scope, but it appears the rifle is easily worth more.

Yep, I agree with the others. If I had the funds, I would have it also.

I used to shoot a Remington VS in .22-250. It loved the Speer TNT bullets in my handloads. There were two guys I shot with that had the Ruer #1s. They were tack drivers. I believe one was a .223 and the other was a .222.

Blued, I don't think he is including the dies, as he reloads .223, and I think use similar parts. I'll check.

The only other two items so far are:

Chiappa 1911 .22LR with about 6 magazines for $175

Ithaca-SKB Model XL-300 12 gauge auto shotgun, $150.

Any single guys on here? :)

Loki might be pussy whipped but my block was getting it shipped to Ca. My chick's only response would have been "that's awesome; I get to shoot it too right"?

• 4 weeks later...