CBR1100XX.org Forum

Finally Got it back from the chrome shop !

dodge7d

Bling!!! :grin:

my eyes hurt just from looking at the monitor,

looks like they did a good job on the chroming :cool:

This might be a stupid question, but, won't the chrome on your brake rotors reduce your braking power?

Not a stupid question at all. Yes, it will. I thought that treatment was reserved for show only type vehicles. I would guess that with the heat and friction involved it may not last long in any case.

Regardless, it all looks great :)

Get prepared to go through a few sets of pads. I would also tone down the bad riding habits until the layers of Chrome, and Nickel are removed.

Youre also going to have to remove any residual chrome buildup in the bearing races, bolt holes, and any other tight tolerances.

Parts look great. :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Looks great!

I just got my rims and rotors, hub and sprocket back after waiting 8 weeks. I was only supposed to wait 3 weeks but http://classiccomponents.com/ gave me every story in the book why they were not done in time! They suck and I will never send a damn thing to them again! :50cal:

Does anyone know of any other chrome plating place that is good ?

Thanks

sorry for jumping your thread.

Yes the rotors are stainless, or so I've heard... Would you believe that the Chrome made the bike faster? I went out this last weekend and drag raced a couple of friends and spanked them bad.. One was a 2002 lowered ZX9R, and a 2002 R1 which sucked.. The guy on the ZX9R races all the time, and he got smoked ! I'am going to take it to the local track and see what happens, soon...

Jesus fucking christ....can't someone just ask....

HOW MUCH DID ALL OF THAT COST YOU ?

Your bike looks...AMAZING, except for the color :lol:

Seriously....It looks great. I would love to do all of that....I am just afraid to take is a part....

It cost me $900.00 for everything. I thought I was getting a great deal at the time, until a buddy told me I got ripped off and that he could get the whole damn bike done for that much! I think maybe he's full of crap?

He is full of crap. I know a guy that literally got the WHOLE BIKE DONE....it was like 3500.

I think you did VERY well !

I know people that paid 500 for the RIMS alone.

Bike looks, fucking great...Be happy !

Looks real nice,I'm waiting for front and rear pegs from the chromer,rims and swing arm are already done.I know what you mean when you start it's hard to stop.