CBR1100XX.org Forum

My '08 FJR up for sale - *SOLD*

Spent the weekend removing all the farkles that I'll be transferring on to my new bike. Here is what remains, up for sale first on this forum for the XX peeps or anyone you might know looking for an awesome sport-tourer deal.

2008 Yamaha FJR1300A – 16,802 miles – Original Owner – Asking $8200 $7800 $7100 OBO for you guys

ABS Brakes – Manual 5 speed – Shaft Drive – Raven Black

Ignition switch recall performed by dealer in 2009

All regular maintenance performed on or before schedule and I have all the documentation as I did all the work myself

New battery in summer of 2014

New plugs, brake and clutch fluid changed, radiator flushed in 2014

Secondary grounding harness installed (Roadrunner harness)

Cee-Bailey 2” higher and 3”wider reverse flip windshield and original stock windshield included

Cee Bailey headlight guards

OES frame sliders

Kuryakyn voltage meter

Michelin PR3 tires with about 7500 miles on them, good tread remaining, installed in 2012

Vista-Cruise throttle lock

Grip Puppies

Fenda-Extenda

Wild Bill’s highway peg mounts and Rivco highway pegs

Real-Time Industries rear bag reflective decals

Yamaha Factory Service Manual, original owner’s manual and all documentation

Original keys, extra side case lock (for future optional top case if desired) and side case frame fillers and side case inner bags.

Bike has performed flawlessly and is in very good shape. Garage kept. Never dropped or laid down. No mechanical problems. Normal wear and tear but no dents, dings or major blemishes/scratches. In the spirit of full disclosure the only complaint I have about this bike if I had to complain about something is that it is a clunky shifter. Always has been, seems to be a trait of the Gen II FJRs but has no bearing on performance or reliability.

Some other standard features:

1298cc, DOHC, 16-valve, liquid-cooled in-line four engine delivers 145 hp @ 8500 rpm and 99.1 ft-lbs of torque @ 6000 rpm. Red line is 9,000 rpm.

Fully adjustable 48mm cartridge-style forks. Fork adjustments include: 5 - way spring preload, 21 - way compression damping and 17 - way rebound damping.

Adjustable handlebars offer three positions of adjustability.

Convenient push button operated electrically adjustable windscreen.

Tires pre-cupped (not really, they're fine)

I can provide more pictures if needed but here's one from today with it not washed and waxed yet.

08FJR_zps0fee6d59.jpg

Edited by Biometrix

Having purchased a bike (2001 Bird) from this gent in or about 2008, it would be my belief that this bike is in impeccably good condition. Big bump on this. Were I not in the determined clutches of age and a low-mileage, sweet running Gold Wing, I would be looking hard at this machine.

These bikes are like blackbirds except more comfortable ergos for old bastards like me, goes like stink and rails around corners (Walt's does anyway, mine, not so much).

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Alright you fucktards - Spring is around the corner and this awesome FJR is still taking up space in my garage. Price now dropped to $7100 OBO. KBB and NADA lists it as being valued around $7800 not considering the ultra low miles and loving care it has been given. Make me a reasonable offer.

I would sell this bike to my brother (if I had one) or best friend with confidence.

Why do you think I'm so tempted. Might do some number-crunching tonight.

Don't get me wrong, I love my XX, but it's getting a bit long in the tooth, and it's harder and harder to be comfortable on long trips. :(

I have a friend who's looking - he's thinking Goldwing - he has a monster case of spring fever. We go to lunch most days and talk bikes, music, politics, etc.

How different do these sit from a 'wing please?

Waaaaay different. It's a more of a sportbike position. Less forward than the XX but still more than the wing.

Here you go...Pics based on a 6' rider w/32" inseam

04wi0029IaRtJUyUyUyUyUy0n.png

04wi0010IaRtJUyUyUyUyUy0n.png

04wi0154IaRtJUyUyUyUyUy0n.png

Edited by Biometrix

The FJR is a little bit more forward lean than the ST1300. You can check it on the bike ergo page but I remember from when I first decided to go the Sport-Tourer route that I really wanted to love the ST1300 but it was too upright of a seating position for my likes. It felt like a Gold Wing trainer. More "tour" than "sport". Anyhow, not trying to talk your friend out of it but it's honestly not a Gold Wing feel and that any forward lean over a fully upright or cruiser style can be uncomfortable to a rider not used to it, especially in the wrists until they learn to sit properly and not ride it like a cruiser or a standard.

Don't crunch the numbers....just do it.

It will make you feel good to just throw caution to the wind and buy it.

Not all of us are rich enough to moisten panties at 50 yards, Dave. ;)

I still have medical bills to pay and a car payment. I "might" be able to swing it, but let's be real, I haven't done shit for riding since 2012. RacerXX 2013 was the last time I spent any real time on 2 wheels. Haven't had the time or money for touring with the way things have been. I'm just now giving my XX the TLC it deserved but didn't get.

I know I could sell the XX and put it towards a new ride, but I'm not sure I could let go of the XX...too much of me put into it...it'd feel like a betrayal. It's not like I have a street bike and want to add a dirt bike.

Maybe in a month or so, when I have a stronger idea of where I am economically, I could jump on this, but I suspect some lucky dog will snatch this one up before then. If not.... ^_^

Oh my.... if anything would get me b a c k into riding it would be this bike.... sigh... Unfortunately as good as the price is, I just don't have the Cabbage.

The FJR feels like tossing around a bicycle compared to the Gold Wing. It's that much more nimble. And that much more fun.

If your pal is in decent shape he will enjoy the FJR more. The grin factor is much greater.

I've had both bikes within the past year.

The Gold Wing has a much lower COG.

Both are super reliable.

One keeps you feeling young. Not trying to start a fight here but the day I'm old enough to have a Gold Wing is the day I'm too old to ride a motorcycle. I tried. I really did. Could not bond with it.

Go with the FJR, and this one for sale is a handsome, healthy specimen. It's the bike you look back at after you've parked it. It's the bike you peek at in the garage. It's the bike that accelerates like the space shuttle up mountain passes. It's the bike that makes you smile when you see a line of cars you need to pass out in the middle of nowhere.