CBR1100XX.org Forum

Yellow '04 Suzuki SV650S $1500-Now with photos.

This is my friend's bike and he asked me to sell it for him. I haven't listed it anywhere yet and am offering it to friends first as I think it's a cheap way into a good bike. He bought it in '06 with 11K miles, it now has 30K. He had the seats reupholstered and new tires recently. The chain & sprockets look good, don't know how many miles are on them. He's a very mellow rider and never hot-rodded it, I flogged it every time I serviced it. It's probably seen redline 20 times and a max of 135MPH once. With this bike he earned the name crash Keith. Dropped twice at 0 MPH, once at about 5-10MPH, and once at about 10-15MPH. It has a hugger, Leo Vince high mount carbon fiber slip-on, heavier springs & oil in the forks (don't know the spring spec but he's about 190Lbs. and I ordered for his weight), integrated LED taillight, frame sliders (installed after last drop so undamaged), home-made peg lowering brackets (dropped a little over an inch and easily removed), flush front signals, and I wired the front park lamps in the headlight assembly as turn signals. The right front edge of the front fairing is scraped, radiator bent but no leaks, pegs scraped, exhaust mid-pipe scraped. I have the right side fairing and I think all the hardware and sliders for both fairings. Comes with 2 oil filters and 1 air filter (all Suzuki brand), chain lube, extra bar end, and maybe some other stuff I've forgotten about. The oil is due for a change and I can do it for the buyer. I rode it yesterday and all seems good. I've considered taking it myself but I really don't need a twelfth vehicle.

Gear available: Large Suzuki jacket (professionally cleaned), Used Large helmet, new Small helmet. All three are matching color combos of black, grey, yellow.

I can text photos to anyone interested, just send me your #.

post-417-0-23095100-1407608074_thumb.jpg

post-417-0-90739800-1407608143_thumb.jpg

post-417-0-95044800-1407608209_thumb.jpg

post-417-0-40646300-1407608278_thumb.jpg

Edited by superhawk996
  • Upvote 1

Looks like a smokin' deal for someone in need

• Upvote 1

HOLY COW...just got back from the Smokies with alfo...dang..now I am reading it..the stuff I miss when I am out of town

i don't have a cell...but would love to see pics etc on here. and some more imformation etc please, as in shipping etc, price...

This is my friend's bike and he asked me to sell it for him. I haven't listed it anywhere yet and am offering it to friends first as I think it's a cheap way into a good bike. He bought it in '06 with 11K miles, it now has 30K. He had the seats reupholstered and new tires recently. The chain & sprockets look good, don't know how many miles are on them. He's a very mellow rider and never hot-rodded it, I flogged it every time I serviced it. It's probably seen redline 20 times and a max of 135MPH once. With this bike he earned the name crash Keith. Dropped twice at 0 MPH, once at about 5-10MPH, and once at about 10-15MPH. It has a hugger, Leo Vince high mount carbon fiber slip-on, heavier springs & oil in the forks (don't know the spring spec but he's about 190Lbs. and I ordered for his weight), integrated LED taillight, frame sliders (installed after last drop so undamaged), home-made peg lowering brackets (dropped a little over an inch and easily removed), flush front signals, and I wired the front park lamps in the headlight assembly as turn signals. The right front edge of the front fairing is scraped, radiator bent but no leaks, pegs scraped, exhaust mid-pipe scraped. I have the right side fairing and I think all the hardware and sliders for both fairings. Comes with 2 oil filters and 1 air filter (all Suzuki brand), chain lube, extra bar end, and maybe some other stuff I've forgotten about. The oil is due for a change and I can do it for the buyer. I rode it yesterday and all seems good. I've considered taking it myself but I really don't need a twelfth vehicle.

Gear available: Large Suzuki jacket (professionally cleaned), Used Large helmet, new Small helmet. All three are matching color combos of black, grey, yellow.

Hey, nothing like an even dozen!

Hey, nothing like an even dozen!

I'm not even sure if this would be #12, but somewhere about there. If it did anything special for me I'd keep it, I like that it's light & skinny, but it doesn't have enough power for me.

One more slipped past Kelly. Come on girl.

I tried. I posted the pics mostly because she asked me for them, then nothing.

Nice bike for the money!

I put it up for 2000 and took 1700 without any extras so I'll sell them separately. I coulda held out, but it was already more than my friend was expecting and this guy was hurtin; his bike got flooded in the UCLA parking lot and he had to beg borrow and steal to reach 1700.

Nice bike for the money!

I put it up for 2000 and took 1700 without any extras so I'll sell them separately. I coulda held out, but it was already more than my friend was expecting and this guy was hurtin; his bike got flooded in the UCLA parking lot and he had to beg borrow and steal to reach 1700.

insurance that bad huh?

i did figure kelly would snag it up..

glad i was thought of , thank to all of you. i am really glad it sold to someone who would appreciate it. it went fast. I am determined, and now know, that it is possible for me to have one yet. thank you again and again. it sure looked like a nice bike. and i will not let the dream of owning one go.. again, thank you.

glad i was thought of , thank to all of you. i am really glad it sold to someone who would appreciate it. it went fast. I am determined, and now know, that it is possible for me to have one yet. thank you again and again. it sure looked like a nice bike. and i will not let the dream of owning one go.. again, thank you.

http://www.cbr1100xx.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=84053

More expensive than you want - but find a way. See if he'll do owner financing with a big downpayment. He keeps the title and you pay the insurance with full coverage. The bike has great looks and great manners, and will positively roar when you grow into it. Good seat height for us "inseam challenged" folks.

Nice bike for the money!

insurance that bad huh?

i did figure kelly would snag it up..

He only had liability insurance on his bike. DWP is supposedly paying for all the damaged vehicles but he doesn't know when. His bike was under water for three days then dragged outside and left for three days before they'd let him come get it, guessing it's totaled.