CBR1100XX.org Forum

Effing Centech AP-1

TeXTrain99

So I spent a decent amount of time yesterday wiring up my Centech AP-1 fuse box and USB charging port thingy. I was very proud of my high quality electrical work. Very proud until I tried to put the seat back ont he bike. The mofo Centech fouls the seat stay bracket.

So... were do you guys that have successfully mounted a Centech AP-1 mount the damn thing? Assuming the use of the nastural stock undertray.

Cut the hooks off the middle of the seat. Mine is right under that bar. My Corbin fits fine but the stock seat has the extra hooks it doesnt needs. I just sliced them off. You might be able to just cut off one. I can't remember.

P3310037.JPG

What really pisses me off is that Centech does not (or did not) have a mini-fuse version. That would be sweet.

Here's mine:

post-1606-0-37080200-1399556721_thumb.jp

post-1606-0-84291800-1399556733_thumb.jp

All I have right now is the USB charging port... a Blue Sea dual USB http://www.bluesea.com/products/1016/Dual_USB_Charger_Socket/featured . I intend to add a battery voltmeter, and possibly extra LED driving lights later. I'm sure the AP-1 is a lot of over kill but ....I like it. I've also added a relay tied to the tail light so it is switched on and off via the key.

I have mounted the AP-1 almost exactly were Brett has his mounted. The relay is where his Amplirider is. I stuff my little tool kits under the strap so I would prefer to not uses Phillip's location. I'll have to mull over trimming one of the seat hooks.

Edited by TeXTrain99

Well, they DO make a mini-fuse panel now. (http://www.centechwire.com/PDP-3-Mini-Fuse-Panel-PDP-3.htm)

As you can see on mine, I have some other shit on that side as well. Your install looks pretty clean, I would keep it and shave your seat stays. I have the bottom of my seat so boogered up that the only reason it stays on the bike is my fat ass is on it all the time.

You might want to consider the very cool voltmeter install like on my bike. With a little skill, it could easily be done.

Nice find. I was disappointed that it didnt come in mini fuses too since that means carrying both kinds just in case. I do like that the fuses are exposed so that you can check them without having to get out a screwdriver to open the top like on the fuzeblock.