CBR1100XX.org Forum

Carrozzeria wheels for the XX

I'm selling the Carrozzeria 17" wheels I had on my 2001 XX. They are beautiful and need nothing. There is no more than 12-15k miles on the bearings and I bought these new in a group buy here some time ago.

They are forged aluminum and are clear anodized.
Uses the F&R stock discs and stock hardware.
The front uses the stock spacers and axle.
The rear uses supplied spacers and the stock axle.
A ZX12R steel sprocket is used and a 45T is included.
Front less discs is 7.8 pounds.
Rear with cush drive and sprocket & without the brake disc is 16.5 pounds.
Made in the USA.

The rear wheel came with black anodized spacers but you had to also use a stock spacer on the brake side. I didn't care for that so I had an additional custom set made. Both are pictured. Also pictured are the blems, one on the front and two on the back. They are very small and happened after I had tires mounted for the first time at a Yamaha shop. I mounted and balanced my own tires after that.
I am asking $800 plus $75 shipping, Paypal preferred. I have a triple walled box that will have 2" of foam on all sides and they'll be wrapped in plastic and thin foam as well. Shipping to the continental states only. Feel free to ask questions either here or in a PM.

Thanks for looking, Greg/G2

post-126-0-88825500-1390443837_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-68453200-1390443945_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-74891700-1390444062_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-93420500-1390444263_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-55488700-1390444350_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-60894300-1390444716_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-16530400-1390444980_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-40469700-1390445045_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-86097900-1390445118_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-91146600-1390445174_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-17053000-1390445240_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-45612200-1390445320_thumb.jpg

If the deal with racer12 falls through, I'm on deck.

If the sale to racer212 goes through, and you still want the exact same clear anodized wheels, 10K miles and no blemishes (I always mounted my own), but no extra set of spacers and 46t instead of 45T on the rear sprocket, mine will be available for the same price -- but I don't want to hijack G2's thread . . . so his must sell first.

I'm trading my '03 XX to a friend without the wheels as soon as his divorce is final, so I still have to change the wheels out. I might also have a 4-2-1 CF Micron system for sale (see pic of bike in post #9, above). I'll start another thread when the time comes, but thought I'd note there will be another set of Carrozzerias available IF G2 sells his set here first.

The wheels are sold. A special thanks to the 'bum for his selfless contribution. :rolleyes:

Hehehe -- it started out that way. Just seeing how long it'd take for those things to get snatched up. :unsure:

Congrats on the sale. They are gorgeous wheels.

Oh -- and . . . thanks for stirring up interest in them while I was still sitting on my ass.

My best friend gets to ride again once his divorce is final (4 weeks at earliest), and my soon to be ex-XX will be a LOT better to him than his soon to be ex. I guess I better get to taking my Carrozzerrias off the bike, take some photos and start prepping my FJR and XX for that June Utah Nat. Parks tour we've been talking about. I've always known I'll miss the XX and its bling, but it's time and it's going to a good home where I can still ride it from time to time.

10-4 on a great set of wheels.

I am definitely interested in your set for my 1997xx. Will they fit my bike or will I need different spacers?

Please advise and contact me on the P.M.

Will PM when I have time, but NO, my wheels will not fit a '97 (I had a '97 before I bought the '03). The front wheel is different, starting in '99 or 2000 (I need to go back to the faqs and check when this changed) -- different disc carrier and mount holes, IIRC.

I was originally ordering from the group buy for my '97 and had to change the order (front wheel discrepancy) during a delay in that group buy when I bought the '03 and decided to sell the '97 and farkle the new (to me) '03.

BigBird......you would need late model rotors. Your carbed rotors won't bolt up to these wheels.

Thanks, Joe. And from a different thread long ago about the change for the '99 model year (i.e., for all FI birds):

wheel bearings are larger and the rotors are therefore different.axle and spacers are different.

Therefore, these wheels are for '99 and later birds.

To recap:

Wheels are essentially identical in appearance. Axle diameter is the same but the shoulder on the axles is different. Mounting points for the rotors are different, but rotor diameter and spacing is identical. You can swap wheels between early and late if you swap the entire assembly...wheel, rotors, axle, and spacers.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the info guys.

It may be more of an expense and trouble than I need.

However I would really like to set up my 97 with a set of aftermarket wheels. Good prices and condition found here at the forum!

If anyone has ROTORS to sell me that will bolt up, I'm in (if in fact my brake calipers will remain the same).

Thank you.....

• 2 weeks later...

Joe, FYI on the wheels. I thought so too when I bought mine. There is two sets of mounting holes. One for the FI and one for the carbed. The carbed have a deeper inset and don't need the spacers. The FI is shallow and do need the spacers for the rotors. I found this out when I bought my wave FI rotors and swapped them out. I had steel spacers made for the axle to fit up with the stock carbed. However I do believe the ID on the carbed rotors needed to be opened up a tad as well to fit the hub. Anyevent before I warped on of my stockers. I had them slotted just a bit as well.

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...