CBR1100XX.org Forum

wheel wobble 1/32" on used wheel

wr0ngway

Should I worry? Its better than the banged up wheel I have now, but if its still sketchy then why bother, i'll just get a refund and buy one of the other wheels available?

The seller is very accommodating, not a con (though i guess he is a wheeler-dealer :lol: ) and is going to make an even trade for the wheel I bought last month which doesn't fit. I should have looked more closely at the picture, I was thinking there might be a difference in the spoke style but it would still fit, but its not even close, wrong number of rotor bolts, number of pads, thinner spokes, geez! btw, any idea what kind of bike its for?

Thanks for your, uh, opinion...

Should I worry? Its better than the banged up wheel I have now, but if its still sketchy then why bother, i'll just get a refund and buy one of the other wheels available?

The seller is very accommodating, not a con (though i guess he is a wheeler-dealer :lol: ) and is going to make an even trade for the wheel I bought last month which doesn't fit. I should have looked more closely at the picture, I was thinking there might be a difference in the spoke style but it would still fit, but its not even close, wrong number of rotor bolts, number of pads, thinner spokes, geez! btw, any idea what kind of bike its for?

Thanks for your, uh, opinion...

I've never checked runout on a bike wheel, car wheels commonly have more than 1/32. The one you bought says Honda on it and CBR1100 in the description (clearly not right), and sv650 in his fitment guide. This guy needs to get his shit together. I'd probably not give him any of my money unless I really had no better choice. Is he the only guy with one for sale? Seems kinda high for a used wheel unless it's in really good shape.

wheels with much more runout have been purchased through ebay... here's my experience;

http://www.cbr1100xx.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=80709&hl=

i don't think you'd feel that little runout but, i'm no expert. given you're alreay in with the seller, i'd lean toward giving them a chance to do you right.

my experience has taught me that there's something to be said for the security of dealing with a "brick and mortar" you can return to w/o too much expense / inconvenience. my rear with rotor & good bearings was $150 and about 25 minutes away. runout? i didn't measure but, it (if any) was imperceptable on the stand or by the seat of my pants.

• 2 weeks later...