CBR1100XX.org Forum

My turn to loose a couple pounds

Mikey

So I was 215lbs. Planned to loose some weight, didn't do so hot and got up a couple pounds. Then now I have a bad tooth and don't like to eat...wow, that has helped, brought me down to 210. So realizing that I'm still eating, just not eating too much I am using a program on my phone called "Lose it". If anyone else is using it, PM me and we can link up on it and motivate each other (READ: tease).

Doing this, it gives me a goal, I put in my weight and what I'm eating each day. Has database of most fast food and normal food. It's working great, I've been under the caloric intake for me for the last week. If you exercise AT ALL you put it in, and it then removes that from your daily calories so you can eat more if you want (or loose weight faster I suppose to a point). Anyway, I'm not itching for treats and I get my muffin or 3 subway chocolate chip cookies or donut or whatever for a treat without issue. If I want more, I'll just get my ass out for a walk and I can have it.

So I'm down to 206.4 this AM. Loosing about 1.5 lbs a week without issue. Now I just need to see about getting rid of the chubby tummy I've got if I don't suck it in.

Keep it up. I use the myfitnesspal app that sounds a like like the one you described. It is great. The funny thing is, the app renders itself useless after a time because you start to pay attention to what you consume and what you expend during exercise and you simply calc it in your head. Great tool though.

6 weeks or so into this and I weighed in at 202 (started at 226.8)

Next goal is 200, then 5 pounds increments after that until I hit 185. I "think" that will be a good weight for me.

After that, I will need to figure out the right way to monitor and maintain because it goes back on a helluva a lot easir than it comes off.

Losing the weight is no secret....keep it off is more challenging.

Keep at it buddy.

Way to go Mikey. Light to moderate exercise is going to help melt away your weight faster than you think.

Just choose what you eat wisely.

Rick if you hit 185 your gonna be one sexy bitch :) I am at 187 as of this morning and have been trying to maintain my weight.

I have just been making better choices and my normal exercise.

Keep at it guys your doing awesome. :D

My wife's girlfriend told us she went to her Doctor for weight loss advise.

He told her to join Jenny Craig, but sign up for the absolute minimum time.

He told her to pay close attention to the portion sizes they send out.

Then, he told her to eat whatever she wants, but to limit her portion sizes to the amount found in a Jenny Craig meal.

He also told her to exercize.

Sounds a lot like Eat less....move more.

Keep up the good work! I was using myfitnesspal pal also, works great, you will also notice just how much sodium you eat in a day EEEK!

Ps Mikey: how much of your weight loss was phlegm from your nighttime Metamucil?

• Upvote 1