CBR1100XX.org Forum

Brake problem

NoOne65

Most likely air is trapped somewhere in the lines. The bleeding procedure is admittedly protracted and consequently somewhat frustrating - I always seem to have to do it several times to chase all the fugitive air bubbles out of the system, but it does work. Be patient and keep at it.

FWIW, the XX and the GL (Goldwing) share very similar linked braking systems and the bleeding procedures are the same, but of course there's less tupperware to deal with on thd 'Bird. They still seem to take the same amount of time to get it right.

• 2 weeks later...

My rear pads stick very tight, loosens up after ten min. or so, makes riding impossible. Will lube calipers, already have thoroughly flushed and bled lines, hope that works.

Thanks everyone, I couldnt get it to work the old fashioned way so bought a vacuum bleeder. Was a lot of air trapped in the center rear caliper. I dont understand why it wouldnt come out without the vacuum bleeder but it works so the purchase is worth it I reckon

J

• Upvote 1