CBR1100XX.org Forum

For sale: Jet Hot coated stock header w/new gaskets

G2

I bought this from Northman forever ago to try and lower my under cowl temps since I'm in Florida and the XX radiator is pretty minimal. I paid $180 as he was doing a big engine mod at the time and that was my contribution. I'm not sure what year his bike was (Canadian Blue) but I think the cylinder pairing is the same for '99 and later. Someone correct me if I'm wrong please. The header is in fine condition and includes new gaskets. If nothing else, the little bit you see of it will look better and everyone will ooh and aah over it at the meet.(sales pitch) Asking $125 OBO plus shipping as I have no idea what that might be.

post-126-0-49889800-1378585379_thumb.jpgpost-126-0-83447700-1378585550_thumb.jpgpost-126-0-08796900-1378585503_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

The carbed header will interfere with the lower radiator mount on an FI bird, BTDT. Not sure if the reverse would be an issue, but it's a solvable problem if it crops up.

Hiya, Greg, How ya been?

The carbed header will interfere with the lower radiator mount on an FI bird, BTDT. Not sure if the reverse would be an issue, but it's a solvable problem if it crops up.

Hiya, Greg, How ya been?

Life is very good. I'm on my third mid-life crisis. :P

I bought this from Northman forever ago to try and lower my under cowl temps since I'm in Florida and the XX radiator is pretty minimal. I paid $180 as he was doing a big engine mod at the time and that was my contribution. I'm not sure what year his bike was (Canadian Blue) but I think the cylinder pairing is the same for '99 and later. Someone correct me if I'm wrong please. The header is in fine condition and includes new gaskets. If nothing else, the little bit you see of it will look better and everyone will ooh and aah over it at the meet.(sales pitch) Asking $125 OBO plus shipping as I have no idea what that might be.

attachicon.gifCBR header 001.JPGattachicon.gifCBR header 002.JPGattachicon.gifCBR header 003.JPG

I am confused ... what year did this header come from? I have a Canadian 2002 FI BB and I might be interested.

How old is the coating and are there signs of any cracking? Once they start cracking, it doesn't take long to completely peel off ...

I am confused ... what year did this header come from? I have a Canadian 2002 FI BB and I might be interested.

will ooh and aah over it at the meet.(sales pitch) Asking $125 OBO plus shipping as I have no idea what that might be.

attachicon.gifCBR header 001.JPGattachicon.gifCBR header 002.JPGattachicon.gifCBR header 003.JPG

How old is the coating and are there signs of any cracking? Once they start cracking, it doesn't take long to completely peel off ...

If you have a 2002 FI BB then that means you have a later model Fuel Injected BlackBird

This is a header for a late model (fuel injected) XX.

I don't know what 'late model FI' means! What year?

FI stands for Fuel Injected verses carbureted

Carbureted models are the older 97-98

I looked it over and saw absolutely no signs of any cracking. Just a nice smooth finish. They did a nice job. It is identical to your stock '02 header. I don't think Northman had it on his bike very long and I never got around to installing it so run time w/coating is minimal. If you would like to see some close-up shots, I'll take & post whatever you like.

Greg

Hello John and Joe, thanks for helping out. Tim too!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Make me an offer AND I'll pay for shipping...

I'll take them, they'll go with the staintunes. I just have to figure out shipping to Canada or perhaps Bellingham,Wash.

Greig

Good, if they got any cheaper, I wouldn't have been able to stop myself.

• 2 weeks later...