CBR1100XX.org Forum

Brakes

DBLXX

Just put on the HH's a few weeks ago. Went for a long ride this morning and man they feel great.

Nice bite.

I jacked the bike up to polish the rims a d the wheel is VERY hard to spin.

This normal? If not...what to do?

The rotors look and feel fine a d no smell of burning pads.

Thanks

the wheel is VERY hard to spin.

This normal?

Very hard would not be normal. I would push the caliper pistons back to be sure that it is the brakes and not the bearings.

Thanks dude....

I took the calipers off....pads off....compressed the pistons....bled the line and reinstalled.

Seems to be ok now.

Wonder what it could have been?

This normal?

Very hard would not be normal. I would push the caliper pistons back to be sure that it is the brakes and not the bearings.

Thanks dude....

I took the calipers off....pads off....compressed the pistons....bled the line and reinstalled.

Seems to be ok now.

Doesn't require much moisture in the brake fluid to do that after a ride on which you use the brakes a lot. Lots of heat gets to the fluid, any moisture gets steamed and will give you that extra pressure.

This normal?

Thanks dude....

Seems to be ok now.

Doesn't require much moisture in the brake fluid to do that after a ride on which you use the brakes a lot. Lots of heat gets to the fluid, any moisture gets steamed and will give you that extra pressure.

i agree, i try to do my brakes often to keep things fresh.

did my brakes and clutch last yr and it had been a while. at the bottom of the res was a milky slime that had formed.. never seen it before so try to stay on top of these things better..