CBR1100XX.org Forum

2009 Aprilia DorsoDuro 750 Super Motard.....SOLD SOLD!!

2009 Aprilia Dorsoduro 750, This bike has been adult ridden on the street only and NEVER been down. I had Fast Bike Industries professionally install Andreani fork cartridges and set it up for me. I have also installed a Fat Duc 02 manipulator to smooth out the bike totally. One of the other revisions that I did was to have Dual Sport Touring rework the seat to make it MUCH more comfortable for longer rides, including a completely new seat cover with a gel foam inside. The bike currently has Michelin Power Pure tires on it and they are at approx. 50 to 60%. Another revision was a CAT eliminator (Leo Vince brand) which also makes the bike run cooler. I installed a set of R&G frame sliders right after I bought the bike and they are perfect. This bike features three different maps for whatever type of riding you wish to do......Rain mode, Touring mode, and Sport mode. These different modes change the fueling characteristics of the bike for what type of riding you are doing. I have used nothing but Mobil 1 oil and HiFlo brand oil filters on it. There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with this bike and it is absolutely ready to ride and is an extremely fun, torquey machine that will make you grin from ear to ear. I presently have the shifter set up for GP style shifting, but if you prefer the standard shift pattern, it can be switched back in about 5 minutes. The reason that I did this is NOT because I raced it or put it on the track. The reason behind the GP shift pattern setup is because my other track bikes are setup for GP shift and I wanted to keep them the same. These bikes handle extremely well and are not something that you will see everyday. I am constantly getting asked about it when I'm out riding and even the Harley guys think that it's pretty cool. My advertised price is at approx. $650 BELOW NADA suggested retail, and that price ($7655) doesn't even reflect the mods that have been done which amounted to over $1400 new! This will provide someone who enjoys doing the twisties, a really great bike. Motorcycle is located in the Knoxville, TN area and is available for viewing. I have the owner's manual, a maintenance disc on C.D. and an extra oil filter, as well as the rear passenger pegs/bracket. I do not normally allow test rides of any motorcycle that I am trying to sell, but I will decide on that based on talking to you and other factors. Please understand that if the bike is test ridden and you lay it down or crash it, not only are you going to possibly get hurt, there is most likely going to be damage done to the bike and will cost $$$$. $6900.00 865-304-0254

2009Dorsoduro1.jpg

2009Dorsoduro3.jpg

2009Dorsoduro6.jpg

Man those bikes are cool! If only I was in the market and had that kinda dough to drop.

GLWS

• 2 weeks later...

Bump for a sexy Italian bitch.

Damn Vern that didn't take long. I figured you would keep this one for all the twisty roads you have to ride on. If I had someplace to stretch it's legs, I would be all over this. :icon_twisted:

A lot of my riding days involve 350 to 400 miles and as much as I would like for that to be on the Ape, it's just not a bike that works for me for those distances........I'm getting old I guess. Don't get me wrong, it's totally capable in every other regard, except the longer distances. I hate that, butt fact is fact. it'll make a great bike for someone, but they will have to be either younger, tougher, or ride shorter distances.

Bump for a sexy Italian bitch.

Damn Vern that didn't take long. I figured you would keep this one for all the twisty roads you have to ride on. If I had someplace to stretch it's legs, I would be all over this. :icon_twisted:

You'd just get a performance award, Randy. And I suspect it might even be more expensive there than back here in your native PRK.

Glad I don't have the spare cash and that it's so far away. I need to sell the XX anyway and use the cash on other things than buying another bike.

A lot of my riding days involve 350 to 400 miles and as much as I would like for that to be on the Ape, it's just not a bike that works for me for those distances........I'm getting old I guess. Don't get me wrong, it's totally capable in every other regard, except the longer distances. I hate that, butt fact is fact. it'll make a great bike for someone, but they will have to be either younger, tougher, or ride shorter distances.

I smell a Goldwing in your future.

Me too, although I've never owned a G.W., just put a lot of miles on one during the summer of 2005 (our district sales manager's bike) I absolutely love the ST and cannot see me getting rid of it, except for a G.W. someday..........maybe!

Sale of the Ape is PENDING. Guy is coming over tomorrow (Saturday) and taking it to N.C...........so, it's still going live it's life in the mountains, where is belongs!!

Thank You! Now the long grueling wait begins. 2014 Yamaha FZ 09 due to be released in Sept. of this year. Some say it may hit a little earlier, some say Sept, and I even saw one that was talking about Oct. Sheesh, get 'er done already. I'm ready for a sweet sounding three cylinder hooligan bike!

Thank You! Now the long grueling wait begins. 2014 Yamaha FZ 09 due to be released in Sept. of this year. Some say it may hit a little earlier, some say Sept, and I even saw one that was talking about Oct. Sheesh, get 'er done already. I'm ready for a sweet sounding three cylinder hooligan bike!

I think you've officially gone through more bikes than me lately.