CBR1100XX.org Forum

Walt!

RXX

i've used a dremel in a pinch. kinda slow though...

big box hardware stores sell a little kit that includes a drill attachment and balancing tool. also slow, depending on the drill.

don't see why one couldn't take it to a curb at the proper angle if nothing else is available.

bench grinder makes quick work of it. around 45 degree angle. make it too sharp like a butcher knife and it will knick and dull more quickly.

grandpa was a landscaper / gardener. before i was old enough to have "real" jobs, i used to work for him.

I should have mentioned I use a flap disk like this:

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/3M-Arbor-...DXP1?Pid=search

rather than the big grinding disks. The flap disks are more forgiving and take off less metal.

I should have mentioned I use a flap disk like this:

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/3M-Arbor-...DXP1?Pid=search

rather than the big grinding disks. The flap disks are more forgiving and take off less metal.

Thanks for the response, guys. I will try the flapdisc mounted on one of my grinders. I have been using a grinding wheel, and I also have most of the other stuff mentioned here, including some air-powered ones. I balance them and all that. I was just looking for something "magic"

I use a 3m 36 grit 7 inch fibre disc on an angle grinder.

3M rocks!

These remove metal fast and last longer than the others. They don't generate the heat that a grinding wheel does. Plus, it puts a beautiful edge on the blade. Customers love it. I've had guys look at blades ready for others to pick up and exclaim "you did this?" as if they were running home to bring theirs back. Makes me feel good. Oh yes...they make short order of a bush hog blade, too.

They have some new discs out that are suppose to remove metal even faster and last longer. I'm going to try them Nexxt.

My nexxt purchase

Philip...let me know if you have a 7" angle grinder. I can send you one.

hope like hell my blades last the rest of the season. On my second set since owning my Craftsman GT6000 50"

parts are getting harder to come by since it was made in 1997 :icon_biggrin:

I just use an angle grinder or my bench grinder.

neighbor goes through a set of blades each season, widdles them down to nothing. One day they will realize that the dirt don't need trimming. :icon_biggrin: