CBR1100XX.org Forum

2007 suzuki boulevard c50 sale/trade

Bought this bike, thinking it would be nice to grow up and get a cruisier. Lo and behold, I cannot and will not feel safe in a laid back rider position. This was my first "cruiser" and will be my last. Frankly, I dont know how people ride like that and feel safe on the street. Lesson learned and as always, itll cost me.

So, Im selling this bike for $5500 lowered to $4500 or trade on a '02 or newer bird, or a yamaha 250 wrx supermoto either in great condition. I really shouldnt have sold my last bird.

This bike is in great condition.

It has aftermarket K&N exhaust pipes that have been very well wrapped.

It has a memphis shades windshield with quick mount.

I installed a BRAND NEW Mustang seat with backrest (less than 5hrs on the seat and cost me a mint!) w/xtra bracket (1" back)

I also mounted 2 brand new pirelli tires with tubes and rim protectors, less than 200 miles on them!

It has cruise control.

A set of dandy leather saddle bags. Nope, none of that studded leather crap, good ole smooth leather.

Also am including a rear chrome rack.

Sissy Bar and pad

new spark plugs installed for the hell of it, the old ones looked perfectly as they should.

Installed a set of forward controls (2" forward on running boards and brakes/shifter).

2" bar risers and stainless braided cables for throttle (no cheap shit)

Fork wind deflectors (no cheap shit)

I have the stock seat and also highway bars (wont work with forward controls). I have a manual, the metal side brackets for the saddle bags(i dont use em), an oil filter, and a matching dot approved (however i wont!) helmet. I mean damn, look at that badass helmet!!!

Also, I only run non-ethanol hi-test on my bikes and they NEVER sit for more than 2 weeks. I HATE flat spots on tires and old gasoline. I dont tolerate oil leaks so this bike has none. Basically, it is in great condition. Everything added to this bike was added with utmost care by me, a perfectionist. There has been NOTHINg done to the bike that would render it unable to return to exact stock condition. No cuts or holes or filing or cracks etc. . .

Actually, Ive owned this bike since august of 2012 and it has seen very little miles under my butt. As all my bikes, I bought it, went thru it with a comb and spent over $1200+ when i got it, not counting labor. The seat wasnt cheap, neither were the tires. It also has a sissy bar. It is setup for two-up cruising with saddle bags and sissy bar, or it can be easily changed to the smooth fender look for a solo cruise.

As I said, I bought this bike thinking it was time to grow up and rid myself of the blackbird. It is a beautiful bike, but Im just not going to grow up yet, and the rider position scares me on my narrow curvy backroads. 20+ years in upright position was my folly. I hate losing money like this, but I'd hate to drop it and lose more. Serious inquiries only. Heres a couple pics and I can get more if theres any questions. Thanks for looking! I am now in North western North Carolina, asheville area.

.post-3948-1358330345.jpg . post-3948-1358330317.jpg . post-3948-1358333676.jpg. post-3948-1358333711.jpg . post-3948-1358333741.jpg .post-3948-1358333779.jpg. post-3948-1358333803.jpg. post-3948-1358333960.jpg . post-3948-1358334001.jpg

We got one of these bikes for my wife. Great bike for around town, two up riding excepting for the seat which you took care of!

I've NEVER experienced a stronger low speed four-stroke for a motorcycle in my life. I think it is as close to a Diesel in low-speed torque as you can get in a spark plug engine. You seriously only need 2nd and 5th gears it's so powerful!

Great for vertically challenged folks, and they're surprisingly light too.

I had an unfortunate event happen when I changed the oil & filter in my garage when it was fairly dark in there. The old filter seal stayed stuck on the engine & I twisted the new one on. After getting fueled up the next day we struck out for a long ride and the engine started making knocking noises after running with no oil in it for a few miles. My next door neighbor, who works for a major auto manufacturer re-built it while I "held the flash-light". All the time he was tearing it down, and putting it back together he kept pointing out how well it was designed, and marveled at all the thought that went into it's ruggedness.

Mine is virtually identical to yours, except mine is black in the sections where yours is white. Awesome bike, absolutely no complaints, and it gets 50mpg. The only downside is that it turns quite a few RPM's at interstate speeds, and with aftermarket pipes it gets noisy. I use mine just for local cruising and back and forth to work. Great bike, and so solid you would think Honda built it.

Is 50ci around 800cc?

yes it is. sometimes referred to as a volusia 800.

http://asheville.craigslist.org/mcy/3561362960.html craigslist ad. Man i hate CL, but I hate not having a bird. much more...

• 2 weeks later...

Bumpity Bump. Cmon now, buy this thing and I can represent with a blackbird again.... I am more concerned with affording another bird, than the money i lose on this. If a good bird is only $3500, someone make me an offer that fits... I'll even make my brother wax the suzy next week for you.

Lowered to $4500. Being wintertime, this is still sitting in my garage. Any takers? Cmon now, someone help me get another bird... :icon_biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...

Taking the bike OFF the market for a couple months. Since it wont sell at $4k, Im going to wait until it warms up, raise the price and try again. Thanks to everyone for looking. Maybe I'll end up with a bird parked next to it by the time it sells. I dont need the cash so much as just didnt want a bike wasting away on my floor. Oh well, i got plenty of floor space for now anyhow.

• 2 weeks later...