CBR1100XX.org Forum

FS- jackets, non-motorcycle

My in laws have a tradition of giving me a pretty nice jacket/coat for Christmas every year. While I appreciate this, I've been married for a long time and a guy can only use so many coats. I've never been one to sell a gift, so other than a couple I've given away, I still have most they've ever given me.

Time for that to change for a good cause, I'm sure they'd understand.

All of these jackets were new when I got them. If they've been worn at all it was very little. That said, they've been hanging in a closet, some of them for literally over a decade. There are no tears, damage or funny smells, but some may have a slight case of "hanger nipples" on the shoulders and may or may not hang just right when first worn.

This will be a "no reserve" auction format, to end on 02/05/13 at 12:00am. Post a jacket number and a bid. If you'd prefer to bid anonymously, PM me and I'll put it up in the thread. You're just going to have to trust that I won't abuse that, hopefully my reputation here is good enough for at least that. Highest bidder a month from now has bought the jacket. Get some $$ to a good cause and get yourself a nice jacket in the process- everyone wins.

That said, onward...

Jacket number 1 is a Dockers 3/4 XL black leather coat. It's got what 'd call medium weigh insulation.

148181648.jpg

148181653.jpg

Jacket number 2 is a Brook Brothers 3/4 length XL brown leather coat. At least the tag says leather, it's a really supple and has an almost suede like feel to it, and yes I know suede is actually leather, shuddup. Just trying to be clear. Insulation is again what I would call of a medium weight.

148181647.jpg

148181654.jpg

Jacket number 3 is a Tommy Hilfiger, I guess what you'd call a ski jacket. I'm not a skier, so I'm not sure. XL

148181649.jpg

148181652.jpg

Jacket number 4 is another XL Tommy Hilfiger. More of a parka.

148181655.jpg

148181656.jpg

And the fifth and final jacket would be an XL Columbia 3/4 length brown leather one. Once again we have what I would call medium weight insulation.

148181650.jpg

148181651.jpg

All payments will go directly to zero2heroguitar7@gmail.com

Once Keith confirms receipt of funds, I'll cover shipping.

So is the #3 Tommy Stinkfinger jacket insulated like a winter jacket?

I'd say yes. The only reason I hesitate is because "winter jacket" could be subjective now that I think about it. I've definitely seen jackets with heavier insulation, but I wouldn't hesitate to leave the house in 20 degree weather in that thing, assuming I wasn't just wearing a t-shirt under it- and even that might be okay for a short while. It has a medium weight fleece lining with some additional insulation between the lining and the shell.

I WILL GO $50.01 FOR JACKET #1 JUST TO OUTBID DEAN!!! HELL YES I am yelling, because I am going to buy a jacket out from under Dean and send a beautiful girl to Europe. (p.s. Dean always accuses me of yelling because of my hearing loss. He is an insensitive, cunty prick.)

I WILL GO $50.01 FOR JACKET #1 JUST TO OUTBID DEAN!!! HELL YES I am yelling, because I am going to buy a jacket out from under Dean and send a beautiful girl to Europe. (p.s. Dean always accuses me of yelling because of my hearing loss. He is an insensitive, cunty prick.)
Now my ears are ringing, you prick. Fine, enjoy the jacket, it won't fit you and I'll steal it when you're asleep anyway, not like you'll hear me ransacking your closet...or Molly. :icon_eatp:

• 2 weeks later...
Good on you - Great gesture for a great cause! But, you forgot to mention that you are a giant. Im just sayin.

Hell, I'm barely average with this group, the XX attracts largish types for some reason.

Oh, and bump. :icon_biggrin: