CBR1100XX.org Forum

What's the REAL value?

Found a barn-find 2001 Candy Glory XX, bought new locally, 743 original miles. Rinse some dust off and it's SHOWROOM. Dumped fuel, swapped battery with my 00 and she fired right up. I like it, but I dont want it. Owner wants $7k, which in my mind is WAAY unrealistic - but.. 743 miles, I dunno. Thinking about helping him sell it, but not if his expectations are too unrealistic.

Also has a 99 with 4k miles. :icon_rolleyes:

Found a barn-find 2001 Candy Glory XX, bought new locally, 743 original miles. Rinse some dust off and it's SHOWROOM. Dumped fuel, swapped battery with my 00 and she fired right up. I like it, but I dont want it. Owner wants $7k, which in my mind is WAAY unrealistic - but.. 743 miles, I dunno. Thinking about helping him sell it, but not if his expectations are too unrealistic.

DAAAMMMN.

Not really looking to drop $7K, or anything close to that, but still....

I sold an 03 with 200 miles that was garaged and also kept in a wooden box with a dehumidifier and battery tender running for $7000.00 in 2007. It's now 5 years later but the supply of low mileage BB's is dwindling.

I'm not so sure he's far off to the right person.

If I were you, I'd consider handling the sale of one or both as a consignment and see where it goes.

Hank

That bike has collector appeal. If he's patient and willing to wait he may well get his price or close to it. It needs to be (and stay) as close to factory original as possible. Any and all original documentation should be saved/maintained. Patience is the key.

This or the premier site is the only place he could get that money for that bike. Still sounds like way too much, tho. Sure there is some demand and it would still sell for the right price. Closer to $6K would be the right price. It is November...

The only bikes that I remember bringing that kind of money on here (that weren't big bore or turbo) were the Cadillac pearl bike in FL or the super trick 01 that Stan picked up.

Like others have said, I think he can get 7K or within a few hundred to the right person. Just need to get it noticed. I saw a craigslist add a few week ago where a guy was looking for an 01, and wanted exactly what you have. Claimed to have cash in hand for the right specimen.

With the prices of new bikes, an almost new old bike at that price is a little easier to justify.

These guys should talk to each other

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/mcy/3387237595.html

• 3 months later...
Wonder if Barber Museum in Birmingham, AL would like to have it.

They tend to want things donated... They've been interested in a pair of original '99 Confederate Hellcats (NIB on MSOs) in my modest collection, but they don't want to buy them - they'd prefer them donated... Not gonna happen.

• 2 weeks later...
Found a barn-find 2001 Candy Glory XX, bought new locally, 743 original miles.

Very tempting... I have already bought two 2001 Candy Glory XX, sold one to a guy in Calgary with less miles for ~$6000 a few years ago

Any chance the owner will move closer to $6000 ?

Assuming its mint with zero mods or scratches anywhere, right?