CBR1100XX.org Forum

Oil Q

DaveK

It's almost impossible to get full synth in a retail box these days.

What would be my next best choice or should I just continue to stomach paying ridiculously high Amsoil shipping prices?

10/40 seems to be a weight that isn't used much anymore.

Thank you.

Dave.......for what it's worth, I've been using Mobil 1 15W-50 in all my bikes, both track and street plus the ST1300 and the XX prior to them. Never a bit of trouble from any of them. I don't know about Walmart where you live, but in this area, you can buy a 5 qt. jug of the Mobil 1 15W-50 for $24.99 a jug.......$5/quart

Dave.......for what it's worth, I've been using Mobil 1 15W-50 in all my bikes, both track and street plus the ST1300 and the XX prior to them. Never a bit of trouble from any of them. I don't know about Walmart where you live, but in this area, you can buy a 5 qt. jug of the Mobil 1 15W-50 for $24.99 a jug.......$5/quart

Hey Vern....got it at WalMart yesterday. Thanks very much.

• 2 weeks later...

+1

Yes the automotive 15w-50... (with it's.... oh my god, Friction Modifiers... oh NO.... RUN!!!!)