CBR1100XX.org Forum

FS: 2002 Silverbrid

Clean bike for the miles and looks like it was well loved.

I have a friend in the market for a XX that isn't far away and will give this one the seal of approval. Hopefully I will be able to convince him that the miles mean nothing for a XX that has been maintained. My 99 has 74,000, and is the same bike as it was when I purchased it with 20K.

Clean bike for the miles and looks like it was well loved.

I have a friend in the market for a XX that isn't far away and will give this one the seal of approval. Hopefully I will be able to convince him that the miles mean nothing for a XX that has been maintained. My 99 has 74,000, and is the same bike as it was when I purchased it with 20K.

Thanks, I'd appreciate that!

Tell him I'll be taking the best offer, $3900 is probably just too much.

Don't assume it's too much. You have some nice additions included that increase its

value. I sold my 03 with 47k and many of the same sorts of upgrades last fall for $4600.

Hang in there and give it some time.

Don't assume it's too much. You have some nice additions included that increase its

value. I sold my 03 with 47k and many of the same sorts of upgrades last fall for $4600.

Hang in there and give it some time.

I'll do that, the is the first bike I've ever sold that I didn't get anxious and let go for too little.

Asking price doesn't seem unreasonable to me- hope you find a serious buyer.

One question- on the list of mods, "Factory Pro shift star" caught my attention. Haven't seen this mentioned before as an XX change, always thought GSXR's needed them. Was it really beneficial, would you do it again?

One question- on the list of mods, "Factory Pro shift star" caught my attention. Haven't seen this mentioned before as an XX change, always thought GSXR's needed them. Was it really beneficial, would you do it again?

Mmmm, probably not. I had just done it on my F4 trackbike which was getting false nuetrals and it didn't help at all in the end. The Bird shifts better than a stock one, but you'd have to be pretty farkle happy to do it. Install is kind of tricky too.

Someone sent me this:

Am seriously interested in buying this and i will paying you the

asking price so consider me as your favorite buyer as i will like to

have some more pictures if you have them. I would be glad to pay for

it as soon as possible though i will not be available to come for an

inspection due to my flexible schedule. I will be paying you with my

PayPal Account because it's attached to my Bank Account and its safe

and very secure way to make payment online. If my mode of payment is

accepted kindly email me with the information below to proceed with

the payment.

1) What is the condition?

2) Are you the First Owner?

3) Your PayPal Email Address or send me an invoice

4) Your Picked Up Location Address

And if you don't have paypal you can easily setup one visit

www.paypal.com and get back to me with your paypal email address and

the full name you use to register,after the payment has gone through

my pick up agent will contact you and make a pick up arrangement with

you,i wont be able to call you the only means of communication is via

e-mail.

Regards

I didn't know you get scammed through paypal. I also don't see how this guy benefits from this?

Mmmm, probably not. I had just done it on my F4 trackbike which was getting false nuetrals and it didn't help at all in the end. The Bird shifts better than a stock one, but you'd have to be pretty farkle happy to do it. Install is kind of tricky too.

Someone sent me this:

the payment.

e-mail.

Regards

I didn't know you get scammed through paypal. I also don't see how this guy benefits from this?

They guy will probably paypal it linked to a credit card and then dispute the charge with the credit card company (not PayPal) and say it was unauthorized. I've heard of those disputes going on and taking awhile and the credit card company may be more lenient toward reversal then PayPal.

Someone sent me this:

the payment.

e-mail.

Regards

They guy will probably paypal it linked to a credit card and then dispute the charge with the credit card company (not PayPal) and say it was unauthorized. I've heard of those disputes going on and taking awhile and the credit card company may be more lenient toward reversal then PayPal.

Those people don't want a bike and try to dispute a charge. They want money. You will never see a person, you will have already been scammed before the "pickup agent" is supposed to show up.

Think about why he wants the full name you registered with PayPal.

If you think there is a shred of legitimacy to the response, tell him to PayPal his "pickup agent" the money and have him put cash in your hand. He won't contact you again.

Pay-Pal is secure but, imho, the best way to transfer monies is a USPS money order. Nobody fuks with the Post Master.

The buyer must buy the money order, no problem there. If the product is misrepresented, the buyer has a recourse.

Keeps all honest.

I have bought many guns this way without any dispute. Keeps the seller and the buyer honest -- always !!

Never employ a fourth party.

for those that think paypal is secure be sure they send the money as a Gift if not PayPal has become more on the buyers side than the seller and as said before if paid with a credit card it can and will be reversed and you are stuck with trying to get the bike back if it has not already been striped and parted out.

If its an advanced scam ring even postal money orders can be faked and it takes several weeks for banks to figure it out and when they do the funds are pulled from your account so you are out the bike shipping and the cash.

My rule of thumb is if they have been on the board here a while I would not have a problem with paypal or money order. If it was via creigs list face to face with cash lol.

good luck with the sale

the above scam probly works like this.

send him the info

He sends you a paypal for the shipping cost + the bike cost. You will then need to pay his shipper called yOuBEEnSCammed who will need a money order. So seeing as you got your cash via paypal for the bike and shipping you go grab that 550 money order and send it off to the shipper or better yet you give the shipper your credit card number and security number to pay for shipping. They set up a pick up time it 1-2 weeks and then the buyer stops the paypal payment and has your cash or CC number.

If its an advanced scam ring even postal money orders can be faked and it takes several weeks for banks to figure it out and when they do the funds are pulled from your account so you are out the bike shipping and the cash.

https://www.usps.com/shop/accepting-money-orders.htm?

Really? I think counterfeiting is a Fed offense? Only the stupid should fuk with the Post Master.

just sayin, imho, I think it's almost as secure as cash.

https://www.usps.com/shop/accepting-money-orders.htm?

Really? I think counterfeiting is a Fed offense? Only the stupid should fuk with the Post Master.

just sayin, imho, I think it's almost as secure as cash.

Even cash can be risky these days. I bought a mountain bike from a guy the other day and he pulled out a pen and marked each one, claiming if it turned from yellow to green, it was a fake bill. Whats up with that? :icon_shifty:

do you think the feds will go after some smuck in Korea for a $6000 fake postal money order. If so you probly beleve the country's economy was totaly destroyed in the 3 years of Obama and not from the 20 years before he got there.

If the seller lists the method of Payment as USPS mo only, receives the money order, takes it to the Bank and funds are transferred, why would the seller worry? Ship the product, deal done. It really is that simple. Bought many items this way.

Why would anyone ship anything without funds transferred? I don't get it? You haven't bought many high dollar items online have you?

• 1 month later...

Nice XX. It would probably sell out here in SoCal for your price or very close to it. Unfortunately people see almost 60K miles and think it's an eternity of miles. My SV1000 had 26K miles when I sold it and so many people liked the bike but thought the mileage was too high......paleeeese.