CBR1100XX.org Forum

Family Speed Health Changes

Speed99

Congrats man, I'd love to say I can take any credit for anything other than sharing information with someone that wants to do something for themselves.

It's fun to start marking the times and then thinking of ways to make it 20 seconds faster consistently. Do that 10 times, and things are a lot more enjoyable!

Keep it up!!!

You gotta be one sexy looking bitch these days... even more so then before.... ;)

You are just going to have to show up with your CBR6 at RacerXX to see just how sexy the new Speed really is!

Im tryin ... really I am.... :)

Well...I did a 5k training run and came in right at 30 mins.....in Canada with some elevation changes at temps at 20 degrees. Not bad. The race is on Tuesday. My PR for a race is right around 29:30. Hoping to set a time benchmark in tougher conditions. Running in cold temps is definitely a different experience, but I felt good. Maybe running in Florida heat and humidity preps one for the extremes...or maybe it is just as simple as improved conditioning.

There is an indoor pool here and I am going to try and get in a couple days of training. Still weak in the water and need to get better before April.

When I lived in El Paso, I delivered pizza for Domino's and several of the employees were triathletes & runners who had moved there for training reasons. Two guys were Olympic-bound Kenyans and they didn't deliver pizzas by car.

El Paso was their destination because of altitude and terrain. They said running there made everywhere else seem easy since there was so much more oxygen everywhere else, and a few of them raced all over the world.

Going from 80 to 20 degrees was likely a 10+% increase in O2. There are air density calculators that take humidity, altitude, and air temp into the formula, it is worth thinking about as you increase your personal expectations. (Turbocharging taught me a few practical things too)

Edited by eliXXir

• 1 month later...

Some updates.

The holidays put me into maintenance mode and I am starting to get out of that. The first three weeks of January were scrapped...no training. I ended up with too much work and then got sick.

But...I have picked it up again.

Sunday I ran my best 5K training run at 28:30. Tues I ran my first full 10K training run and came in at 1:06:40. I call it my Forrest Gump run. I went out to get in distance and got to my turn-around. "I figured, I ran tis far, might as well run to the next sub-division." I got tot eh next sub division and said, "well, I might as well run to the main road." "I Just Felt Like Runing!" :-)

Biking is fine. No issues there.

Swimming...welllll...thats a different story. I cannot find the time to get my swim training done and I really need to get that going. I have access, but the time to get there is legitimately not in the schedule right now. I am going to have to sacrifice a few things to make it happen. Some time with the kids a couple times a week for example.

My triathlon is in April, so I still have time, but it will sneak up on me if I dont take action. I can let cycling slide. It is my best discipline and I have no worries. I have to keep running and I have to swim. My easy goal is 2:00:00 for the Tri. Stretch goal is 1:30:00. I am confident I can do 2 hrs, but I need to improve my swim a lot if I hope to break 90 mins.

Will keep you posted