CBR1100XX.org Forum

Free Bike - 1989 FZR 400

I have an old FZR 400 that I need to get rid of; it was a fun little track bike, and it is very lightweight. I was thinking of rebuilding it, but I do not have the time, and with my new toy in the garage, I no longer have the room. Before I post it up on the FZR board for someone to buy on the cheap, thought I'd see if anyone would be interested in a project bike/toy to rebuild.

The good: It runs, and is complete; I haven't run it since my brother in law took it off-roading at Gingerman Raceway last year, but no serious damage was done. Tires are new, and since it has an odd size rear rim, tires can be difficult to find (18 inch rim).

The bad: Just about everything; this bike has been rode hard and put away wet. You would want to rebuild the engine, and the suspension as well. Bike has typical electrical gremlins for a 23 year old bike, but the wiring harness is complete.

I will try to shoot some pictures tonight and add them. Bike is in Oswego, Illinois, about 40 miles west of Chicago.