CBR1100XX.org Forum

FS- 2003 SV1000s track bike *SOLD*

2003 SV1000 track bike, Ohio junk title- this bike CANNOT BE TITLED FOR STREET USE, period. Not salvage, not rebuild- junk, as in scrap. I don't care if your uncle knows a guy in Sasketchewan who dated a chick at the DMV who once did her brother a favor and got a junk title back on the street, it ain't gonna happen here. This is a track only bike unless you replace the frame.

Bought in late 2008 as project bike with ~13,000 miles. Original build documented here. Donor bike was torn down and pretty much completely rebuilt. The next year it was stripped down to the frame for the powder coating and gone over thoroughly again. It has < 10 track days on it since the last tear down and valve adjustment. Odo currently reads 16,247, but that's off a bit due to the gearing (-1 front, +2 rear).

Mods-

-2006 GSXR 600 front end conversion, 2008 front wheel (lighter), stock valving, sprung for 220-230lbs.

-2006 GSXR rear wheel

-Brembo 19x20 front master cylinder, R6 monoblock calipers w/Vesrah RJL pads at about 40-50%.

-Penke triple adjustable rear shock, again sprung for 220-230lbs. Could use a refresh but not misbehaving badly at all.

-Yosh 3/4 system, stainless pipes w/aluminum can

-PCIII (downloaded map)

-Suzuki equivelent of PAIR valve delete.

-Delrin frame, swingarm and front axle sliders.

-Billet mini rear brake resevoir

-Vortex adjustable rearsets

-Vortex keyless gas cap

-Vortex clip ons.

-Vortex Fairing stay

-Custom subframe (okay, it's the stocker that was bent all to hell that I took a sawzall, sledgehammer and a can of spraypaint to)

-Ignition delete (no key)

-Braided brake and clutch lines.

-Custom one-off upper triple w/Scotts steering damper mount, powder coated black, damper included

-Frame powder coated red.

-Rattle canned black race bodywork. Minor scuffs from a low speed down on the steet in front of my house.

-Pazzo brake and clutch levers.

-Pirelli Superbike PRO slicks with one (cold and wet) day on them. Practially new and not even worn to the edges, this is a $370 set of tires.

-520 conversion with some gearing choices and a new (uninstalled) D.I.D. chain.

Left foot peg, left sliders and clutch lever have some rash on them for the same reason as the bodywork, function is unaffected. Bike is far from perfect cosmetically. For a track bike it looks fuggin' great, by street bike standards it's pretty rough- please adjust your expectations accordingly.

The suspension is currently all dicked up due to repeated unsuccessful attmepts by both myself and professionals to compensate for the springs now being too heavy for me (I'm 205 now). When I was heavier and the suspension was dialed in, this thing was beautiful. It'd be easy enough to get it back there if you're in the right weight range. If I was to keep it I'd need to pony up and respring/revalve the thing, as you would if you're heavier or lighter than the stated 220-230.

Asking $2,800 firm. I've decided I don't have the desire or energy to part this thing out, so this is my absolute bottom line. Also, I can't seem to find my lap timer so it's been removed from the list. Added new chain to list. If the timer turns up it will go with the bike for the $2,800.

• 2 weeks later...

Damn redbird! So, how many bikes does this make for you? About a jajillion??

Looks freakin fun, and for that price how could it not be sold fast!! We all know redbirds ummm well, he aint lying about this anyow! Good luck on the sale! All buyers can be assured of a great deal on this one! Sounds like the perfect answer to Not wanting to risk your street bike for a weekend on the track.

If you still have this thing on August 18, I will have to come look at it. I would prefer a street legal track-day bike, but it's hard to argue with the price.

I will be in Indy for the Manufacturer's Cup drag race. Could probably find room on the trailer for it.

Thanks for the kind words, guys.

Troy, I'll swing by CLSB and see if my login still works, it's been years since I was there. Thanks for the tip.

John, I hope it's sold by then, but I ain't in a particular hurry. If it's still around, I'd love to "keep it in the family", so to speak.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump. Found the lap timer.

Now that I'm back from vacation it's going to go up locally and on the WERA classifieds, so if you're interested speak up. I'm willing to hold it for members here if there's serious interest but scheduling/finance/transport issues prevent anything immediate.

• 4 weeks later...
If you still have this thing on August 18, I will have to come look at it. I would prefer a street legal track-day bike, but it's hard to argue with the price.

I will be in Indy for the Manufacturer's Cup drag race. Could probably find room on the trailer for it.

John, it's still here. Been busy as hell lately and haven't gotten around to listing it elsewhere. Let me know if you'd still like to come by and take a look.

Mark, I've got some other things in the pipe, but I'm done at least for this year. Can't find the time and I was actually getting slower, as if I wasn't slow enough before ;)

John, it's still here. Been busy as hell lately and haven't gotten around to listing it elsewhere. Let me know if you'd still like to come by and take a look.

Mark, I've got some other things in the pipe, but I'm done at least for this year. Can't find the time and I was actually getting slower, as if I wasn't slow enough before ;)

Unfortunately, I've had too much time to think about it. I really need something I can also ride on the street. If I was real close to a good track where I could do more than 3 track days per year, I would have at least looked at it. Hope to see you this weekend anyway. You going to come have pizza with me and Jay Thursday night?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...