CBR1100XX.org Forum

Selling My Redbird !!SOLD!!

I finally have decided to sell my blackbird. I think it's one of the best available in the world today-- Howard's bike excepted. In fact, I got the titanium exhaust from Howie a few years back, and that is a piece of art itself. This is a truly no excuses/no disappointments bike. Email with any questions. If you're looking for the cream of the crop, here's the address to my Chicago Craigslist ad: http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/mcy/3066928314.html Thanks!

Very nice ride, why sell?

I'm old and need a bagger. My wife has never liked pillion on the 'bird and wants another luxobarge. I'm tired of riding alone-- it's boring. So I'm going with the flow. I love the bike and will miss it. GL1800 here I come.

Nice XX and good luck with the sale. Wish it was for sale a few months ago-I would have taken it off your hands. I picked up an 01, but not with all the cool add ons.

I remember you had it for sale a 2-3 years and ago, but by the time I found it you decided to keep it.

Nice XX and good luck with the sale. Wish it was for sale a few months ago-I would have taken it off your hands. I picked up an 01, but not with all the cool add ons.

I remember you had it for sale a 2-3 years and ago, but by the time I found it you decided to keep it.

Yeah and I enjoyed it every time I threw my leg over it. Not often enough, though.

I'm old and need a bagger. My wife has never liked pillion on the 'bird and wants another luxobarge. I'm tired of riding alone-- it's boring. So I'm going with the flow. I love the bike and will miss it. GL1800 here I come.

I understand about the wife thing, that is why it is good to have both. One for the honey and one for fun. Works for me.

I understand about the wife thing, that is why it is good to have both. One for the honey and one for fun. Works for me.

+1

I have both, and love it :icon_biggrin:

Super nice Redbird. Words of advice: You got so many nice add-ons, you should reformate your CL ad into bulleted list. Reading that huge paragraph is kind of painful....

That's a good point, thanks. On my next revision.

Unfortunately, I need the $$ from the bird to buy the barge.

Nice ride.

"reworked fork internals"- could you please be specific for us here, please?

Good question. When I bought the Penske shock (from a member of this forum) it was a package deal with cartridges and springs for the forks. I wish I could say I knew exactly what was done to them and by who, but it escapes me now. I do know they work better than the originals did. They looked like stock cartridges (not, say AK-20s or other aftermarket). I remember the seller describing them as "penske modified." I can't find the transaction now to ask him for specifics, it was a while ago. The springs are also aftermarket but again, I can't remember exactly what they are. I have pics of the parts before I installed them, and also the stock parts. It's subjective of course, but I think the whole suspension works very much better than the stock setup did.

I went from a Bird to a GL1800... never quite gelled. Sold my 07 Wing in 2010 and went to a Concours 14.

I was never comfortable on the Wing, even after a Big Boy seat, risers, pegs, etc. The Connie is the best of all worlds. Check one out if you haven't yet!

I went from a Bird to a GL1800... never quite gelled. Sold my 07 Wing in 2010 and went to a Concours 14.

I was never comfortable on the Wing, even after a Big Boy seat, risers, pegs, etc. The Connie is the best of all worlds. Check one out if you haven't yet!

I rented a 1st gen C-14 in Santa Monica and rode it to Oregon and back. I like the bike a lot. But this one is about the Mrs., and she likes the GL1800. I ain't gonna argue. The barge is way more nimble than you'd expect and quicker, too. I actually kind of like it. It'll have to do until I can afford a used K1600GTL, anyway.

• 3 years later...
On 6/14/2012 at 4:44 AM, xxpress said:

Good question. When I bought the Penske shock (from a member of this forum) it was a package deal with cartridges and springs for the forks. I wish I could say I knew exactly what was done to them and by who, but it escapes me now. I do know they work better than the originals did. They looked like stock cartridges (not, say AK-20s or other aftermarket). I remember the seller describing them as "penske modified." I can't find the transaction now to ask him for specifics, it was a while ago. The springs are also aftermarket but again, I can't remember exactly what they are. I have pics of the parts before I installed them, and also the stock parts. It's subjective of course, but I think the whole suspension works very much better than the stock setup did.

I know this thread is 4 years old, but...I bought this bike 2 weeks ago. :-)

It now has 20k miles on it (I bought it with 19.5 on it).

I signed up here because I went searching for info on the tsr (jdm) titanium header / collector, and found this and another couple threads. Awesome!

Seems like xxpress is long gone from here, but I wanted to post here on the off chance that he or "howard" (the person he bought the exhaust from) or the person he bought the suspension from maybe has notifications still accidentally setup for this thread. :-) If so, post up and I'll ask some questions!

This is my first Bird, and I think i got a *beauty*!!

• Upvote 1