CBR1100XX.org Forum

New HID's

ksucrow

High and low?

You're gonna love them.

Now, you know you're gonna get ass raped because you didn't post pictures - right?

Yes! I went with the 5000k Dual's. The bike that I picked up has a smoked headlight, which drastically reduces my visibility on the ride home. I figured I'd try the HID's first to see how much difference they make, and if it's still terrible, I may sell this headlight and try to find a clear one. Anyone up for a trade?

I ordered the motorcycle dual kit from DDMtuning. What a difference! It took about 45 minutes to install from start to finish. Granted the sun was going down, so I was in a hurry...

• 3 weeks later...

Just got my bike inspected Wed. with my HID's installed.

Guy walks in front and tells me to hit the lights. I follow his command and he looked down at his crotch thinking its about to burst into flames and says "what the hell?, thats bright as shit."

flicked it down to just low beam and he moved along with the inspection.

He is a pretty good guy, not big into bikes so just asks me to run the lights and horn, and then asks me about anything else. I tell him what recent maintence I have done or checked and we move on.

His dad is old school, tried to tell me my tires with 7 miles on them failed because they didn't have any tread, and my new brake pads were too thin. Had to explain that supersport tires have little to any sippets for rain, and the brake pads aren't as thick as car pads. :icon_whistle: