CBR1100XX.org Forum

turbo project gone wrong

Musclecar427

Bummer....

Now Quit your fucking whining and fix it!

On sale for $1K........ BULLSHIT!

It's only a small setback, granted it's not fun, but it's minor in the grand scheme of things.

So just get busy... and Fix it !

I want to hear/read your ride report when it's done. Get Busy!

Quit fucking around and get back to work, Jerry. Somebody here is gonna think you're serious.

Quit fucking around and get back to work, Jerry. Somebody here is gonna think you're serious.

I admit I am a hot head when things don't go right the first time. NOT a blown head gasket. Hell I don't even have the intercooler yet. I either have crap in the carbs or to much fuel pressure (hence the white smoke). I shouldn't have posted what I did while I was still mad. I'm sorry guys. Ok back to the task at hand. I also noticed that while running the carb slides were like mexican jumping beans moving ever so slightly with a nervous twitch. I also noticed number 2 carb slide would not go up when raising the rpm's. I took the rack off and said carb diaphragm was folded over a little bit in the groove and also caused a vacuum leak I'm sure. The bowls and floats and needle and seats are clean with no visual problems. I'll keep pressing on and update with nice things to say next time.....I hope!

Just so you all realize, I've been working on solving the perceived problems with Jerry since the get go.

My style is to complete the task and then recap what happened.

I will promise you all and Jerry that he will be well satisfied in spite of the bumps in the road.

I'd rather give a rundown when done than address a bunch of crap now because sometimes things aren't as they seem....

Bear with us and stay tuned...it will be worthwhile, especially to Jerry.

Hank

Head gasket is fine guys..

Had some leaky needles in the carbs, possible fuel pressure problem(TBD), and a possible bad seal in the new turbo(TBD)...

Jerry is working on it in what little spare time he has and I have offered to have him bring the bike here or me go there..

That may or may not be necessary or happen...

That's all the updates I have for ya for now...

Well, teething problems are to be expected, what ever is marginal before, will rear it's ugly head in the worst way with any power adder. But, it is what it's always about, working them out and becoming better mechanic.

The memory will fade but the experiences will make you more than you were.