CBR1100XX.org Forum

Dyno Jet or Factory Pro

GimPin

I have a 98 with Erion Racing Slipons ... it doesnt seem to be jetted right ... feels like it might be lean at full throttle. Since I will be jetting the carb I will also be thowing on a K&N filter. The question is the debate of Factory Pro kit (no drilling) or Dyno Jet kit. Was talking to a tuner and he said the dyno jet was superior and that the slide drilling was nessesary to get a good tune and driveability.

Opinions on either or both

I have the dj kit and used it with a stock air filter. It cured my mid rpm stumble but killed my gas mileage. Since I'm going turbo I no longer need it. However I do have the dj kit used if you would like to buy it...cheap. I'll sell you the pre drilled diaphragms,jets and needles for $100 plus shipping if you want it. The beauty of it is you can keep your stock diaphragms on the side in case you want to switch back. My .02

Dynojet, baby. Their R&D is far superior and not based on "luck" in order to stumble upon what works.

(sorry, FP fans! I will admit: some FP stuff works....from time to time, when they get lucky...applications WILL vary...)

M.

It may vary from bike to bike, but everything I have read says Factory Pro is superior.

I have FP installed in my VTX1300 and it works perfect. Stories of problems with DynaJet on that bike are legend.

• 2 months later...
Easy to put in?

That depends on what you call easy. The clutch basket will need to be removed to gain access. Not too difficult if you have a clutch holding tool and the correct 12-point socket for the clutch hub nut. Can be done without the clutch holding tool by having a friend stand on the rear brake with the tranny in gear. The only other thing I considered remotely difficult was holding the roller-arm up to get the new star bolted on. Make sure you use some blue loctite on the star bolt.