CBR1100XX.org Forum

Fuel Pump Problem

partmonster

Hey,

Going to try my luck here since we have a wealth of knowledge. I have a 1995 Mercdes C220 that I just changed the INLINE fuel pump and filter on. It is not putting fuel to the injectors. I disconnected the fuel line at the rail and turned it over....NADDA.

Disconnected one side of the line from the fuel filter and ran the pump with straight 12V and again NADDA...will not even pee fuel inches from the fuel pump.

Is there something Im missing? Self Priming, Prime it myself? Im lost.

Thanks for help and advice in advance.

Hey,

Going to try my luck here since we have a wealth of knowledge. I have a 1995 Mercdes C220 that I just changed the INLINE fuel pump and filter on. It is not putting fuel to the injectors. I disconnected the fuel line at the rail and turned it over....NADDA.

Disconnected one side of the line from the fuel filter and ran the pump with straight 12V and again NADDA...will not even pee fuel inches from the fuel pump.

Is there something Im missing? Self Priming, Prime it myself? Im lost.

Thanks for help and advice in advance.

Is the pump getting power?

Is there a rollover switch that needs to be reset?

• 3 weeks later...

Make sure you do have a good 12v supply and good ground , where are you pulling your 12v from,why did you change the pump? If it is easy to remove ck it with stright battery supply on the bench to see if it runs.

I should have updated this earlier..

The pump was bad and replaced. I filled the new fuel filter up with fresh gas as to prime the IN LINE fuel pump. I still cannot get pressure.

Running the pump hard wired to 12v source still does not produce pressure at the fuel rail. Well I should say it produces some pressure and some fuel spits out occasionally. Almost like there is a hole in the line or I have not primed it properly. See below.

Online research suggests I need push some fuel down the send line to the pump to prime it. I will try this week sometime.

Ill let ya know what happens.

Thanks for your help so far.

I know you are going to say "of course" but make sure there is fuel in the tank, gravity feed should fill the pump,did you have to pinch the line when installing the pump so as to stop fuel draining from the tank?? Is a MERC pump or aftermarket? There is a small posibilty that there is a hole or crack in supply hose to pump and it is sucking air but usualy you will see a leak, hope this is some help, keep me posted.

Rob

Rob hit it on the head.

I put 5 gallons of fuel in the tank and she started right up. Apparently the fuel gauge is jacked. It registered full. DOH!

After I start her up, I get out to check for leaks and find a huge puddle of fuel on the ground. Awe Crap! Here comes the Kitty Litter.

Turn it off, jack up the rear, put the stands in, and get to investigating.

The fuel line had multiple holes in it just before the hard line. I cut the bad section off, bought a coupling, and added new hose to the fuel filter.

Started right up again and no leaks.

WOOT WOOT. Git R Dun!

$108 dollar repair and a bunch of dirty laundry.

Thanks fellas for the help. The Mercedes lives again.