CBR1100XX.org Forum

Turbo kit for Blackbird

grahamcuk

I noticed a slight, maybe 10hp, gain when I replaced the hahn 2 1/4" crap with the stainless contraption I made. It's a full length set up 2 3/4" at the turbo then flairs to 3" after the first bend with a 3" Supertrapp on the end.

The restriction on mine appears to be the crap hahn header.

• 2 weeks later...
any updates?

Still firming up pricing and Graham is finalizing plenum design...

Our tentative price plan on the entry level kits is $3495.00 for the carbed bikes and $3995.00 for the FI bikes.

FI bikes require a Power Commander and a different fuel pressure regulator and that's reflected in the difference in pricing.

If someone already has a PC, the price will be adjusted accordingly.

We're trying to get this done but above all, get it done properly.

Thanks for the patience and continued interest.

Hank

• 4 weeks later...

Ive been following this thread and tho I am interested in a turbo my XX is soo freaking fast as it is now I dont know that I want it considerably faster. I am interested but what kind of increase are we talking. I am running a delkevic stock header replacement 4-1-2 and two brothers slip ons which I believe are 60MM. My bike is a carbed bird.

Ive been following this thread and tho I am interested in a turbo my XX is soo freaking fast as it is now I dont know that I want it considerably faster. I am interested but what kind of increase are we talking. I am running a delkevic stock header replacement 4-1-2 and two brothers slip ons which I believe are 60MM. My bike is a carbed bird.

Can you ever have too much power? :icon_twisted:

From the info listed in the thread, you will get 190-260+HP depending on the size of the turbo and how much boost you are running and what else you want to do to the bike.

A stock XX with basic mods (Slip ons, PC, etc) will make somewhere between 125-140HP so even on the lowest kit you'd get about 25% more power, or about the same as the new ZX14.

Adding a turbo to high mileage bike's. Whats the risk? what would you need to prepare a bike with 50k+ without mod's to the motor for this turbo or any turbo to bolt it on without further engine work. :icon_rolleyes:

Adding a turbo to high mileage bike's. Whats the risk? what would you need to prepare a bike with 50k+ without mod's to the motor for this turbo or any turbo to bolt it on without further engine work. :icon_rolleyes:

I'd suggest a leak down test...

Less than 6% leak down and you're good to go.

Even a couple % more won't bother it as the turbo won't care...

I checked a 55,000+ mile BB engine and got less than 3% leakage...but not all are the same.

I checked a 55,000+ mile BB engine and got less than 3% leakage...but not all are the same.

Thx hank, im at 57k and thats a good and easy test to do.

This setup for the fi bird comes with a pc if needed, is the pc already mapped for the system? if so cool. and if you have a pc already is a map setup sent with system? or downloaded.

To lazy to reread the whole thread.

This setup for the fi bird comes with a pc if needed, is the pc already mapped for the system? if so cool. and if you have a pc already is a map setup sent with system? or downloaded.

We have a starter map but insist once installed, each bike be run on a dyno or run with air-fuel ratio tester that logs the readings.

Air fuel ratio under boost to be adjusted to yield 11.5/1 A-F ratio.

Boost pressure + lean mixtures = melted pistons / OWNERS RESPONSIBILITY!

We can omit the PC from the kit for guys who have them already and lower the price accordingly and supply the map.

Hank

We have a starter map but insist once installed, each bike be run on a dyno or run with air-fuel ratio tester that logs the readings.

Air fuel ratio under boost to be adjusted to yield 11.5/1 A-F ratio.

Boost pressure + lean mixtures = melted pistons / OWNERS RESPONSIBILITY!

We can omit the PC from the kit for guys who have them already and lower the price accordingly and supply the map.

Hank

THX HANK

Wow, I have been away from here for quit a while and just ran into this thread. I have had my Turbobird together for almost 13 years and still absolutely love it!!! I will try to upload a few pics. I used an American Turbo Systems kit with an Aerocharger turbo. It has selectable low and high boost. I have dyno tested it many times and the best produced over 260 bhp, at the rear tire and a staggering 160 lb/ft of torque. It is intercooled and is completely hidden. Driveability is just beauteful, and performance is just rediculous. The last time I played with a turbo Busa on the interstate, from 70, I drove away, while he was spinning tire. He eventually drove by me when I rolled out Wayyyyyy up in the triply digits. The wheel base is stock, as is the entire motorcycle. Only changes were a 40mm Cometic head gasket and an 18 tooth primary gear. That was it. I used the stock fairings with VERY littly modification. The only noticable feature is the bottom of the turbo air intake protrudes through the lower fairing. To the trained eye, you can spot the intercooler behind the fromt wheel. Just thought maybe some of you guys and gals may be interested.

post-2360-1327519493.jpg

post-2360-1327519521.jpg

post-2360-1327519551.jpg

post-2360-1327519621.jpg

post-2360-1327519664.jpg

Interesting thread, turbo is the way to go on this bike and I'm almost keen to buy a Blackbird again to put a lung on.

Is any of you turbo guys using methanol to solve the fuel quality issue? This is what I'm running on my car since several years. A couple of 100 ml/minute meth/water mixture increase the octane rate and keep the combustion temperature down. http://www.alcohol-injection.com/en/

http://s407.photobucket.com/albums/pp153/R...mview=slideshow

• 2 weeks later...
Interesting thread, turbo is the way to go on this bike and I'm almost keen to buy a Blackbird again to put a lung on.

Is any of you turbo guys using methanol to solve the fuel quality issue? This is what I'm running on my car since several years. A couple of 100 ml/minute meth/water mixture increase the octane rate and keep the combustion temperature down. http://www.alcohol-injection.com/en/

http://s407.photobucket.com/albums/pp153/R...mview=slideshow

Bump, no one using meth (other than for getting stoned) ?

• 3 weeks later...