CBR1100XX.org Forum

Testing the water ...

My 2001 XX may come up for sale soon. Those who know me and the bike know that is a one of a kind with many unobtanium parts and only the best of what is/was available. Mileage, 30K. Always garaged, TSR, Billet Brembo, Magnesium Marchesini, HS-1, Braking, Goodrige, Ohlins, SP1, Bagster, Dyno-Jet, ... the list is endless. Plus all the rear subframe and body parts from a late model GSXR-1K to graft onto the rear of the bike ( a project I haven't gotten around to). NO STOCK PARTS

post-234-1322617002.jpgpost-234-1322617224.jpgpost-234-1322617258.jpgpost-234-1322617477.jpg

That's a beautiful bike.

Good luck with the sale.

Asking price?

What kind of seat is that, the one from Germany?

Hi Hank,

Thank you for the compliment.

Yes that is the HS-1 seat/tail from Germany. Waited almost 7 months for it and it had to be ordered from the U.K. as the guy won't sell to the U.S. The paint is flawless from him,matches perfectly.

Asking price....well, whatever the market will bare. Not cheap. I'm hoping for a sizable down for a new Naked.

Howie

HOLLY CRAP that's a good looking bike.

I see things that you;ve done on that bike.... I can only dream of having now.....

like adjustable rear-sets,

a braced rear swingarm,

etc. etc.

Now for the TRUTH.

It is NOT WORTH anywhere near what you have into it.... not even close. Sadly.

In fact I would argue.... it's not even worth selling.

Have you thought about putting it up at a higher-end or specialty auction? With the possible exception of ZXXX, this is the most trick XX on the planet. Those who haven't seen it in real life, the pics don't do it justice, and the bits and pieces and various acquisition stories are worth their weight in gold.

He's probably still polishing off the drool from when I saw it the one time in Red Bluff.

Easily the most beautiful xx ever.

And the most modified on the planet.

I am thinking that a picture with Chads should be the cover for all the calendars.

Howie, send me an idea what you want for it. PM.

I met Howie during a Laguna Seca weekend one year and must admit, this is the baddest XX on the planet. Good luck with the sale, your bike fed my desire to one day own a red XX and make it a one of a kind.

Nice Bird indeed...almost as nice as the one I bought from Jake, which I added some goodies to!

I suggest that you put a price on it, just as Jake did. Some said it was too high and others said it was worth it but you are the seller so it is up to you to decide what you will accept.

Thanks to everyone for the compliments. I've added a few littel bits since those pics were taken: Ti bolts on the front end, a billet pipe hanger, a modified experimental rear rotor from Braking, speedo healer, ...um that's all I can think of at the moment. I do have radial caliper mounts for the SP-1 forks to convert it over to radial calipers and probably other things.

A few more pics...

post-234-1322768992.jpg

post-234-1322768969.jpg

post-234-1322768921.jpg

post-234-1322768899.jpg

post-234-1322769012.jpg

Price...Iwould like to see about 10K.

OMG, that thing is gorgeous!

Tell me about it. If I would buy it, I wouldn't know what to do with it. Set it up in the mancave and stare at it or ride it. Awesome details and parts that you will only probably see this one time. Good luck with the sale. Beautiful machine.

Speaking of Dave K, did he pick up his new bike yet? If so, he's probably ready for something different.

NICE fucking bike, xrdracer.

Beautiful bike....just beautiful.

BUT.....I do see plenty of dirt on it. Those slight scuffs on the swing arm (chain side).....that blows.

Get some DAMN frame plugs in them dar holes.

Let me at it....let me at it.

Seriously though....she's a real beaute.

Seriously, what would you want for that? I'm somewhat interested - and I know this guy at a dealer who might take really good care of you on something new if you brought it to him... ;)

He said $10k above.

If I didn't have my Turbo, I'd buy this bike in a second....it's a beautiful piece.

Howie, what are you going to replace it with, a new Tuono or a Brutale?

Exactly....leaning toward Tuono for the V4.

Wait for the "Factory"

Go big or go home...lol

Dammit, I love your BB...especially the unobtainable stuff...

Keep me in mind for the GSXR rear section if it doesn't go with the bike...

Hank