CBR1100XX.org Forum

Best place to buy a chain & sprocket set??

Travlnman

Yep... the only concern is that DID doesn't make the ZVM2 chain any more.. it's now a ZVMX chain. The prices on chains have really gone up this year.

The best I can typically do on chain pricing is ~170 for the chain and ~50 for the sprockets. Occasionally the chains go on sale, but it's touch and go.

Needed a new chain and sprokets for my project SuperHawk but trying to do this one on the cheap so I found:

a new 525 "open box" VFR750 sprocket on ebay for $12

a new 525 CB600F rear sprocket for $20

an almost new 525 Ducati 1098 DID OEM chain that was cut off for an upgrade for $9

a DID 525 master link for $5

$46 :icon_dance:

My XX has a better budget !

Hey,

Last time I was in the market for chains ans sprockets I found this sprocket with a life time warranty on it. I am just over 25k miles on the chain and sprocket and I have not adjusted my chain once. A few week back I was at the shop for some work and the mechanic though it was a new set. He couldn't believe the milage that was on it.

DID ZVM2-x 530 chain

Supersprox 45 back sprocket (http://www.supersproxusa.com)

Steel 18 from sprocket

It wasn't a cheap set to buy but the quality is there for sure.

Just food for thought.

• 1 month later...
Hey,

Last time I was in the market for chains ans sprockets I found this sprocket with a life time warranty on it. I am just over 25k miles on the chain and sprocket and I have not adjusted my chain once. A few week back I was at the shop for some work and the mechanic though it was a new set. He couldn't believe the mileage that was on it.

DID ZVM2-x 530 chain

Supersprox 45 back sprocket (http://www.supersproxusa.com)

Steel 18 from sprocket

It wasn't a cheap set to buy but the quality is there for sure.

Just food for thought.

Yeah I put on a 46T Supersprox Stealth rear with a 16T front and a Gold DID 530ZVM2 chain ~3 years/33000km's ago and so far I've only needed to adjust it 3 times very slightly :icon_biggrin: The Scottoiler obviously helps as well :icon_think: