CBR1100XX.org Forum

1998 XX 18k mi. $3750

1998 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird $3750 located in ZIP 19468

18,6xx mi., never been down.

Honda VFR800 handlebar conversion, Laminar lip, K&N air fitter, Dynojet Stage 1 jet kit,

Erion 4-into-1 full exhaust, bike is tuned to perfection, runs better than FI models.

Valve check, throttle sync, front and rear brake pads/fluid change, chain and sprockets all performed at 16,000 mi.

Front tire 90%, rear tire at 75%.

Bike needs nothing, ready to ride anywhere.

Clean PA title in hand ready for transfer.

Price is more than fair, email me with you name & phone number, then I will contact you directly at my earliest convenience.

IMG_3163.jpg

IMG_3169.jpg

IMG_3161.jpg

IMG_3148.jpg

What's up with the kickstand?

I don't like to put holes on hot pavement. XX is a heavy bike.

From the shadows in the pictures, you could tell they were taken mid-day, when it is hot.

Why did you change it to a single exhaust from the double -also has it been rebalanced since you did this?

I hope this is a joke?

No Toxxic - no joke. Serious question about it being rebalanced. When an exhaust is changed especially from double to single or aftermarket exhausts are put on - adjustments should be made.

No Toxxic - no joke. Serious question about it being rebalanced. When an exhaust is changed especially from double to single or aftermarket exhausts are put on - adjustments should be made.

Really? Like what? Should additional wheel weights be added to the rear wheel on the side the exhaust was removed from? Or should a tube full of mercury be added under the seat, which could shift during extreme lean angles? I am really curious how to adjust for a single side exhaust.....

From the shadows in the pictures, you could tell they were taken mid-day, when it is hot.

Gotcha. With the 2 or 3 inches of block you had under there in the one photo I didn't know if there was another reason.

Tim, I think (?) vase is asking about rejetting for the full system. Although his asking why go to a full system has me wondering if it might be exactly what you're thinking, which could get amusing.

Gotcha. With the 2 or 3 inches of block you had under there in the one photo I didn't know if there was another reason.

Tim, I think (?) vase is asking about rejetting for the full system. Although his asking why go to a full system has me wondering if it might be exactly what you're thinking, which could get amusing.

i was actually thinking about the rejetting- thankyou Tim. Yes I was also thinking why he had changed something of natural beauty - the whole essence of the bike is stealth - not look at me and my loud exhaust. Do you still have the original cans as I may well be interested in buying it. I currently have a 96 with all the touring trimmings.

I've converted many dual exhaust system motorcycles to single-sided exhaust systems, never once I've heard of anyone concerned about balancing the exhaust can weight after the conversions.

Personally, I like loosing about 13 lb. from the XX's OEM dual exhaust system.

Do not assume that all aftermarket exhaust systems are "look-at-me-and-my-loud-exhaust".

Besides, I wear earplugs every time I ride my XX, just to protect my ears from the loud wind noise at XX's travel speed.

I do not have the OEM exhaust, but one can likely find them rather easily.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...