CBR1100XX.org Forum

2003 XX with 735 miles!!

Less than 100 miles a year!! :icon_snooty:

And original fluids :icon_eek:

I change oil every year because I don't want high levels of acid in my oil.

Wonder how good lubrication a 8 year old oil gives :icon_sick:

And 8 years or more old Bridgestone...... spooky...

If it has been garaged or indoors the whole time, it's likely okay. Shine a light into the gas tank and check the dipstick for rust. If none present, change the oil, put in some Seafoam, and run it. New fork oil wouldn't hurt, but I'll bet whoever buys it is going to upgrade the suspension anyway.

IMHO, he needs to knock at least $3000 off the price, if he really wants to sell it. After-all, it is an 8 year old bike.

I sold my "Bike in a Box" 03 with between 200 and 400 miles on it to a member here 4 years ago for $7000.00. The bike had been kept in a wooden box in a garage, locked up, on a battery tender with a de-humidifier running. It was perfect and unmolested.

It was a rare find then and this bike 4 years later is even rarer. Value?

Who knows how badly someone will want a virtually new bike that isn't made anymore.

Why the hell do people buy a bike if they only ride it that much.. Hell I have put 715 miles on my XX in a single day. :icon_biggrin: With food poisoning.

I would buy it for about 5k,

replace all fluids, tires, blah blah and ride that bitch hard to blow out the cobwebs,

poor bike. :icon_frown:

Priced a little high, but I'm sure he has some wiggle room.

About a year ago I paid $6500 for a 03 with 7K. Maybe an idiot, but it is immaculate, and I was tired of looking.

At the time if this bike was available, I would have probably gave him $7500. Looks to be pristine and not many left like it.