CBR1100XX.org Forum

SOLD * For Sale: 2003 Blackbird - $4000 * SOLD

Has a lot of nice extras which may be worth paying extra for a buyer who will appreciate it.

But you have high miles (in motorycle terms not XX) and a tip over which does turns some people off.

Beats me. I'd say list it $5500/obo and see how far down you're willing to go. If no response in a few weeks, then maybe $5K/obo?

Just guesstimating here.

I picked up a 99 bird in near mint condition with slip ons and a power commander for 4000, with less than 10,000 miles on it.

You have a lot of nice extras that you might be better off selling individually here, unfortunately the market for used bikes is not bringing what you would expect in return for your investment.....

With

44,000 miles, alot of people won't even be interested even though these bikes are bulletproof.......If you can get 5,000...take it and run. Good luck with the sale, and i hope things get better for ya.

Thanks. That's good input. The mileage will be a problem, I know, so I'm going to first

concentrate on selling it on places where people know that, for a Blackbird, 44k miles

is nothing, such as here and on the other XX forum.

As for selling items separately, I don't have the strength/stamina anymore to do any

removal of components. R/R of the shock absorber would be completely beyond my

abilities now. R/R of the Power Commander would be equally difficult. As such, I'm going

to sell her as is, with all the goodies in place; it's the only I can do at this point.

I bought my bike because it had everything I wanted at the time. Somebody will want your upgrades and be willing to pay more like I did. It's just coming to a price you both can live with good luck deciding what that is.

I bought my bike because it had everything I wanted at the time. Somebody will want your upgrades and be willing to pay more like I did. It's just coming to a price you both can live with good luck deciding what that is.

I agree with XXman and Keith. Just leave the extras on there. I too don't have the time/stamina to sell off bits and pieces. Someone will pay extra for the upgrades.

I disagree

penske, gunfighter, yoshis.

take them off get 1100 for them here or on .com and put the stock stuff back.

penske 500 gunfighter 300, yoshi 300 (no need to repack) ( I am being very conservative I think)

bring the price down to 4200..... 3999 bottom including genmar, and power commandder, and move the bike.

you asked............. so.... it is a 44,000mile dropped bike, with obvious damage (stator)

E.

I know I am going to get lambasted like usual, so bring it on.

No lambasting, I asked for opinions and I appreciate your input. I agree with

you that I'd do better on the extras if I stripped them off and sold them here

separately, but I simply am physically unable to do that, so they have to go

with the bike.

No lambasting, I asked for opinions and I appreciate your input. I agree with

you that I'd do better on the extras if I stripped them off and sold them here

separately, but I simply am physically unable to do that, so they have to go

with the bike.

Yes leave it all on there. I'm getting a 99 with a pc2 full ak 4-1 and those mods r what I was happy about. Oh and I offered him 4k n the bike has 25k mi on it.

Great looking bike at a great price. Good luck with the sale.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...