CBR1100XX.org Forum

The $48.00 Rad Exhaust Mod

Sleeper

They say pictures can speak 1,000 words. This one should tell you everything you need to know and it sounds better than any slip on or header system I have heard regardless of price. No changes in mapping were necessary. No codes, lights or malfunctions whatsoever. Plug read after thousands of miles? A perfect honeycomb color across all four juggs......

post-128926-1307234716.jpg

May sound good but the looks are rather bland, how loud is it?. I have started my bike with only the header and mid pipes and it was obnoxious.

If I lived in California it may be a problem. I can still use my MP3 player and I don't know that it is actually any louder in terms relative to db on the A weight scale than some of the aftermarket tubes. The sound is very clean and quite sharp. I can however tell you my neighbor who lives a mile away can hear it coming in when when I am on it. See, we don't much worry about loud here and the poe poe doesn't much care either. It's still free here...LOL!!! As far as looks go, who wants a sausage hanging off the side of their bike. Things are going clean like under seat or under belly. Personally I'd rather look at a clean swingarm and rim assembly.

if you lived in california the local nut jobs there would hang your ass on a cross made of organic tofu and beat you with whips made of all natural human hair with herbal extracts infused into them. The police would be your last problem. :icon_biggrin:

Do you have it set as a single or a dual exhaust ?

clean XX you got there also.

if you lived in california the local nut jobs there would hang your ass on a cross made of organic tofu and beat you with whips made of all natural human hair with herbal extracts infused into them. The police would be your last problem. :icon_biggrin:

Do you have it set as a single or a dual exhaust ?

clean XX you got there also.

I'm using the original exhaust all the way out so there are two resinators. The left looks identical to the right. As far as clean goes, that bike is a royal pain to take a picture of because that black is so reflective everything shows including clouds, lines in the parking lot, trees, people standing next to it and so on. You know things are going well when you have a Harley that's just as clean and full of nice shiney chrome as a back up bike...LOL Note I said back up.

I used to live in SoCal until 2006. Some of my friends there have kept me informed of the noise laws and wow, are things getting out of hand or what? Here we have no smog checks at all and the riding is unreal because this is a sink hole plain. Lots of twisties, elevation changes and no traffic at all.... Tofu????? LMAO!!!!

post-128926-1307276166.jpg

That is a sharp looking bike you got there!!!

That is a good idea for the slipons however that would not work for me I dont like the bike loud unless they are on a track.

I have an aftermarket slipon can and it is just on the verge of being too loud for my liking. I admitt stock is too quiet but nothing on there is too much!!!!!

Hearing a bike over a mile away is not for me.

Enjoy your new music though and be safe!!!!

That is a sharp looking bike you got there!!!

That is a good idea for the slipons however that would not work for me I dont like the bike loud unless they are on a track.

I have an aftermarket slipon can and it is just on the verge of being too loud for my liking. I admitt stock is too quiet but nothing on there is too much!!!!!

Hearing a bike over a mile away is not for me.

Enjoy your new music though and be safe!!!!

Out here pretty much any aftermarket unit at all will get noticed and likely within a half mile. We don't hear planes, trains, taffic and the general noises of day to day life. There are 5 houses in a 6 mile stretch of twisty back road and we all own bikes of one type or another. That said, the house is 1/3 mile off the main road coming in and if 2 cages past by the property in an hour that would be considered a traffic jam...LOL Thanks for the comment on the bike, my wife and I love it.

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...

I'm gonna try this on My '97 and if I like it jet to accommodate...woohooo

if you lived in california the local nut jobs there would hang your ass on a cross made of organic tofu and beat you with whips made of all natural human hair with herbal extracts infused into them.

Holy shit!!! I didn't know I could get that for free.

Unbolting mufflers and enjoying all California has to offer.

a blast from the past

chrome looking tips you buy at auto parts store.

saw some local winner yesterday while getting my tires swapped, he basically had the same setup.

at first i thought it was a yamaha with a crossplane engine... nope a '98 ZX-9R missing on one cylinder with no muffler at all.

typical stretched, missing rotor, fresh tank paint that don't match anything else, various bolts holding it together, rider saw biker boys too much. got his vest with colors and bragged about killing busa's and 14's because in his own words "I ride fast"

Tryed it without mufflers.To freekin loud with no baffles..dammm..I want it to growl not make my wife's ears bleed

I like loud sometimes, but there are too many times it's bad....like leaving a bar town at 2am. as I just did. The guy next to me on a pocket bike (600cc something) got pulled over while next to me waiting for a traffic light, most likely because he was loud as fuck because he'd done nothing wrong. If he had two beers he might be in jail now leaving his chick walking....or being picked up by some dude not going to jail yet. Being the obnoxious one in a neighborhood isn't good either.