CBR1100XX.org Forum

GROUP BUY

cbrxxquad

http://www.tutorochainoiler.com/

I found a US dealer for these and he is going to give us a discount based on the number we want. I have one coming to try on my trip next week and will have it installed at Rednexxt for viewing.

His price is

$ 35.00 1 through 5

$31.50 6 to 10

$29.75 11 to 25

shipping added.

The prices break down like this: 1-5 List Price, 6-10 @ 10% off, 11-25 @ 15% off.

It is a simple manual unit.

looks like a good deal and has good reviews.

Post your name here for now to the list if your in...

Cbrxxquad.

double,,, and I already have the first one..comming....tomorrow I hope for the trip.

I was not to worried about the little cuts, cause I figured a dozen at the least.

Was just going to see if anybody was interested, first, but with 43 looks and only you Dean so far, looks like a wash anyway.

Decent unit for the price. Is the flow controlled by the dial? Mounting options? I will have to look at mine whenever it gets back from repairs to see where to mount it.

Pay now or pay later.

You get what you pay for in some cases.

Can't say I didn't have issues with the Pro-Oiler. Even doing things just as they say, I had a problem with the oil nozzle bracket NOT coming loose over time. Ultimately, I had dad fabricate a brace out of stainless that the bracket is riveted to. Near impossible for the nozzle bracket to work loose now. Why they think two self-tapping screws will hold perfectly in all applications I just don't get. I didn't for me.

Still, it's rock-solid now and I really don't have to think about it beyond checking to see nothing's wrong with the nozzles when I stop for gas.

Pay now or pay later.

You get what you pay for in some cases.

Can't say I didn't have issues with the Pro-Oiler. Even doing things just as they say, I had a problem with the oil nozzle bracket NOT coming loose over time. Ultimately, I had dad fabricate a brace out of stainless that the bracket is riveted to. Near impossible for the nozzle bracket to work loose now. Why they think two self-tapping screws will hold perfectly in all applications I just don't get. I didn't for me.

Still, it's rock-solid now and I really don't have to think about it beyond checking to see nothing's wrong with the nozzles when I stop for gas.

you just gotta open your trap............

Yep...and you just planted your foot in it.

SNAP!

snap? why post pro oiler in this thread?

You fucken oxygen thief

SNAP!

You fucken oxygen thief

Perhaps you should look at the video I quoted. That video showed the Totorro oiler nozzle failing when it got caught in the chain even though it was mounted as directed.

I had similar issues with the bracket on the Pro-Oiler. Whey you pay $35 for a chain oiler, how high-end a product do you expect to get? If the Pro-Oiler had it's own issues at over $200, what do you think $35 will bring?

There was a connection...you just get off calling people names rather than looking for it.

SNAP!

You fucken oxygen thief

Perhaps you should look at the video I quoted. That video showed the Totorro oiler nozzle failing when it got caught in the chain even though it was mounted as directed.

I had similar issues with the bracket on the Pro-Oiler. Whey you pay $35 for a chain oiler, how high-end a product do you expect to get? If the Pro-Oiler had it's own issues at over $200, what do you think $35 will bring?

There was a connection...you just get off calling people names rather than looking for it.

your full of shit, in the 'video review' he said with reference to the installation " he made it up as he went along". Doesn't sound like he used the instructions. Not having any instructions to look at he has obviously done something wrong , comparing the pics from the website shows one situation where the nozzle is mounted similar to the example in the video.

I had a Scott Oiler and it mounted in the same way, using cable ties. I changed that for a Pro Oiler and using the self tapping screws that were provided it has stayed on the swing arm for about 4-5 years.

ever heard the saying" better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, than open it and remove all doubt. this applies directly to you

are you sure it's not you in the video? cause he's a fuckwit as well.

anyhow my point is why would you bring up an oiler system that has nothing to do with what the thread is about a about a group buy t.

that is all I apologize for trashing up this thread.

Edited:

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, took a 3000 mile trip with it. It was something that I was wanting, just a resivor and lines. And a valve. 30 was well worth the parts. Filled it up, but, I had modified it some to work. Really just added some hose so I could put it where I wanted which it added volume to the resivor. I tie wrap the tank to the rear brake master, and the hose runs up to where it sticks up above the body some under the seat. the cap still fit. Filled it up and but some in a bottle under the seat. Go to Dallas and that is 350 or so miles, and had two turns on the valve. Bout a drip a minuite. Little left, and the chain is nice and oiled. Fill it up and head to Memphis. Raining, so it don't get checked till the morning. Still got some. Open it more and head to Louisville. Still got some. Bummer. Any way it never flows anymore and I have not found out why. I will. Opened it all the way to prime again, and nothing. Oh well, I will see why. probably tomorrow.

But, no matter what,I got what I wanted. And would have built. Was going to anyway.

More latter.

SNAP!

You fucken oxygen thief

your full of shit, in the 'video review' he said with reference to the installation " he made it up as he went along". Doesn't sound like he used the instructions. Not having any instructions to look at he has obviously done something wrong , comparing the pics from the website shows one situation where the nozzle is mounted similar to the example in the video.

I had a Scott Oiler and it mounted in the same way, using cable ties. I changed that for a Pro Oiler and using the self tapping screws that were provided it has stayed on the swing arm for about 4-5 years.

ever heard the saying" better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, than open it and remove all doubt. this applies directly to you

are you sure it's not you in the video? cause he's a fuckwit as well.

anyhow my point is why would you bring up an oiler system that has nothing to do with what the thread is about a about a group buy t.

that is all I apologize for trashing up this thread.

Edited:

You two should meet in person.

My money's on Mac. Just sayin'

"Oxygen Thief" Best laugh I've had in a while, Thanks.

Pro oiler on the bird and it works -- well so well that the nicely polished rims look like they were tar splattered but the chain loves it.

All the other chain bikes get Dunlop multi-lube and the rims stay "pretty". I have not yet noticed a significant difference in chain wear.

I still haven't found where to oil the BMW.

The "Busa" son put a similar bottle feed on his machine for a trip to the gulf, it stopped working part way and he went back to the tried and true spray can. PITA but it works.

You two should meet in person.

My money's on Mac. Just sayin'

Poor bet.

I fling poo.

BTW, my guess on why it stopped working is you probably have an air bubble or some clog on the line or vent. If it's gravity fed, there's not much needed to resist the flow.

Stan.. is there a vacuum relief hole/vent somewhere in the top of the reservoir ?

The picture posted on the link you provided aren't all that great, so it's hard to tell what you've really got ?

Like here's another question... Ball valve or needle valve ?