CBR1100XX.org Forum

picked up a small piece of metal

xx98

Noticed a small piece of metal inn the back tire today. Pulled the piece of metal and then did a soap test, bubble every second or so. Looking for recommendations , new tire or patch? Only two tires makes me ay buy a new one.and bite the bullet on this one. :-(

I would patch it, or just plug it. I know how everybody says it's not safe, blah-blah but I never had an issue when I plugged my tire once (rear one only on the plug option). I rode it until it was past the wear bars and it never once leaked with that plug.

Plug it!!!! I have done that a few times and put another 3k or more on the tire with no issues....

If you do it right it wont leak.

Or you can pull the tire off install a new one and send it to me and Ill plug it and finish wearing it out....lol :icon_twisted:

The one time I had to do it, I had one of those kits from Walmart. It worked so well I now keep one in the van at all times. There is one that is specifically for bikes, but I can't remember what the name of it is. Nice little pouch with some CO2 cartridges and everything.

I would patch it, or just plug it. I know how everybody says it's not safe, blah-blah but I never had an issue when I plugged my tire once (rear one only on the plug option). I rode it until it was past the wear bars and it never once leaked with that plug.

Will patch in the am, thanks.

Patch it. I've run on three patches before but then I am a ...................

With less than three thousand miles, patch it BABY!! Thanks...

Plug it!!!! I have done that a few times and put another 3k or more on the tire with no issues....

If you do it right it wont leak.

Or you can pull the tire off install a new one and send it to me and Ill plug it and finish wearing it out....lol :icon_twisted:

Patch it is! I just can't imagine having someone else wearing it out for me and enjoying all my fun. :icon_naughty: Thanks

The one time I had to do it, I had one of those kits from Walmart. It worked so well I now keep one in the van at all times. There is one that is specifically for bikes, but I can't remember what the name of it is. Nice little pouch with some CO2 cartridges and everything.

Picking up a patch kit on the way into work (just in case)

Recommendations on a plug kit? It would be good to have one handy.

Thanks

Get the best from Hobi....

Stop and Go Tire plug kit

+1! Awesome tool, best patch ever.

Thanks guys!

:icon_iloveyou:

http://www.cyclefarkle.com/index_files/tireplugger.html

Recommendations on a plug kit? It would be good to have one handy.

Thanks

Get the best from Hobi....

Stop and Go Tire plug kit

+1! Awesome tool, best patch ever.

Yes!

I watched Rich (Hobi) patch a tire in 08 - Sanoma, Calif for --(I can't remember)

As soon as I got home, I must have one, I ordered it along with a portable 12volt compressor.

Good patch kit. Hope I never need it?

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up a nail on my rear - Angel ST that had about 500 miles on it. The local stealership put a mushroom plug with about a 2" disk covering the hole inside the tire, and it hasn't leaked at all. Balance is a bit out because the dipshit mechanic didn't line it up properly, but I can live with it for another 5 months.

:icon_naughty: Someones gotta say it... Buy a new tire when you can. I repair car tires by the 1000's each year, and a pull thru patch/plug from the inside is almost fail safe. Hell, even the insurance company stands behind it for the life of the tire. HOWEVER, they will not stand behind a push thru plug. But, even my cheap ass would only use a plug as a temp fix. I dont give a shit if the tire has 10miles on it, it gets a hole, it gets a tire.....PERIOD! Ive missed on oportunities before because Im retarded like that. I just cant see me putting my faith in a patch, while running at high temps and high speeds. Maybe im a damn snob and my 20k a yr salary must be too much, but eating 1 guardrail would likely cost more than a new tire. Hey, someones gotta be too fukn paranoid around here dont they?