CBR1100XX.org Forum

New Shop underway-updated pics

BDAZ XX

Shit I love that shop. Its perfect.

So stupid question time. What do you mean when you say "rolling the trusses?"

I only ask because I love to try doing things myself but I know building somthing like this could turn out to be a nighmare if you dont know wtf you are doing.

Did you draw up a plan or use a set of canned plans or what?

Shit I love that shop. Its perfect.

So stupid question time. What do you mean when you say "rolling the trusses?"

I only ask because I love to try doing things myself but I know building somthing like this could turn out to be a nighmare if you dont know wtf you are doing.

Did you draw up a plan or use a set of canned plans or what?

Thank you very much, I love the shop myself! Its looking better than I had pictured in my head.

"Rolling the trusses" is spacing and standing the trusses up, then nailing them down in place. The truss company puts them on top of the walls in bundles then you have to space them out and stand them/roll them up.

I had plans drawn up, when I had the building plans done for the rest of the property. I have to build 2 room additions this year as well. A 3br/1ba addition in the back of the house and a 20x24 living room and 4 car garage on the south side of the house.

When your ready, I'll send you a copy of these plans if you want. Its a 24x36' shop.

Thanks for the explanation Randy. Thanks for the offer for the plans too. I already know where I want to build the thing...I'm just not sure if I actually have the skills to do it. Maybe I can find a Building Workshops for Dummies book. :grin:

My concrete should be arriving tomorrow, (weather permitting), pouring the slab for my 24x28 shop. Pics to follow........................ :wink:

Randy, thanks for inspiration.

Ahhhh at last its starting to feel like a shop. I moved the toolbox in today and almost finished the floor. I still have to detail it out. The 12"x12" tiles I used as a pattern didn't work as well as I had hoped. The paint ran under the edges and made it more work than it should have been.

2004568534556267483034.jpg

I know, but I'm not a mechanic, Doncha kno! Its filled to the brim though. I need to get a bigger one someday, you can always sell me your old one! When you get a new one that is. :wink: :grin:

I know, but I'm not a mechanic, Doncha kno! Its filled to the brim though. I need to get a bigger one someday, you can always sell me your old one! When you get a new one that is. :wink: :grin:

Here's my current box......

Roll cab:

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/pro_det.asp...ore&dir=catalog

Chest:

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/pro_det.asp...ore&dir=catalog

Don't think I'll be needing a new one anytime soon....... :roll:

Mine is actually the "Dale Earnhardt" edition. Numbered, etc. Last I checked on eBay, they were going for pretty good coin.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: DAAAAUUUUMMMMNNNN Nice box!

DAAAAUUUUMMMMNNNN Nice box!

I'll bet you say that to all the guys...... :roll:

Thanks, man, now back to your regularly scheduled thread on Randy's awesome garage............ :razz:

Wow, I just finally looked at this thread and I am glad I waited! It was realy cool to see your shop come to life. That thing is huge :shock: Do you plan on living in it part time too? :lol:

Very nicely done. I am in the process of remodeling a 29 foot travel trailer, and like you said, looking back and seeing what you did is very gratifying, I really like to do this kind of stuff. I sure as hell aint going to pay someone to do it!...lol

Steve