CBR1100XX.org Forum

New Shop underway-updated pics

BDAZ XX

Nice looking shop. :cool:

Last summer my best friend and I with 3 other friends put up a shop for him. Turned out nice.

CopyofForgeygarage013.jpg

I know it says "300PSI" on the side of that CPVC but are you sure you want to trust it inside the walls? Your compressor is going to have a nuclear meltdown if a pipe brakes when no one is home.

Ya I thought about the PVC and pressure on them but I turn off and purge at the end of everyday, so HOPEFULLY it wont have a meltdown. Damn that thing does get hot too! The saw is the shits. I've always used the older skil worm drive, this DeWalt is light and strong by comparison.

Just finished the shingles and picked up my siding this morning. I'll install tomorrow and sheetrock this week after my rough electric inspection. Shes coming along preatty good now. :grin:

Updated pic 03-29

20043295115497165512357.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Sweet! I think I speak for all of us when I say...We hate you. :twisted: :grin:

Nice shop man. Im planning on building myself a nice shop here in about 10 years. :cry:

What's the red marking on the floor? The official bike parking Zone? :)

Thats the elevator to take his bikes down to the underground storage facility. AKA the BtazXX Cave.

Thanks Guys!

I'm stoked about getting this thing done and moving on to the next project which is tearing out the old shop and starting on the 3br/1ba addition to the house. 1 step at a time I guess. It sure takes alot of time when your doing everything by yourself but it is very fullfilling and satisfying to see it all come togather.

What's the red marking on the floor? The official bike parking Zone? :)

YEP!!! Thats the area I plan on painting black and white checkers for the bikes. I wanted to visually see the area. The rest of the floor will be painted as well, I'm thinking Grey. The wall still have to be taped and texured then painted after my sheetrock nailing inspection this week. Damn theres alot of friggin sheetrock screws in this fucker.

I will paint the lower 3-4ft of the wall Honda Red and the upper white. :grin: 2-16ft. Work benches will be built on the wall under the 2 big windows front to back with the door breaking the area up and along the back wall behind the bikes, for about 8ft. I plan on building a gear cabinet (to store all my bike crap) at the end of the bench, next to the storage room in the corner. The front half of the shop will be for woodworking and the back for the bike/mechanical area.

And Todd, I have 4 light switches for each line of lights, 2 down the middle of the shop and 1 over each workbench. Never can have to much light to work in. :wink:

Is the black RC inside your house? :razz:

Yaaaaa....................NOT! :wink: Track bike is kept in the trailer for now.

The front door has a little story to it. :wink: I purchased it for the house originally. So I'm setting it in the existing front door space when my Rott jumps onto the little English Bulldog. I bolt out back to yell at him and in doing so I leave the door untacked standing in the door jam. GOD or A gust on wind decides to pop up when I get out back and I hear a VERY LOUD crash!!! :shock: The door fell into the house and ontop of my dads portable aircompressor! :shock: :shock: Smashed the door up preatty good and hence a nice-r door for the shop, and thank god the aircompressor was ok. I couldn't take it back because of my FU, SOOOOOOO I had to go buy another one for the house and put the damaged one on the shop. :roll:

Thats my story and I'm stickin to it!! :grin:

• 2 weeks later...

Thats fantastic man. I love it. I've been looking over those shop kits you can order from some local places around here thinking hmmm....

Then I realize I have no carpentry skillz and there is no chance I could build somthing like that. Congrats Randy its looks great.