CBR1100XX.org Forum

poll for best sounding xx exhaust

pdaddy21

Slip-Ons:

1. Mig's sound cool but I've never been a fan of high mounts on an XX. The way they bump out and around the swingarm pivot looks odd to me.

2. Micron's sound awesome. They have a huge inlet pipe that gives them a deep, throaty sound.

Stay away from D&D's. They are cheap and the sound is tinny and hollow.

Full Systems:

1. Akra, period. Quality is top notch and they perform as advertised.

My exhaust system sounds better then yours . Period . Even if it is D&D .

Couple other things , "quality " of sound depends on whether piping is made out of titanium , stainless steel and , excuse my language , mild steel . Typically stainless steel will be thinner and lighter then mild steel . Thicker walls muffle sound better so it is less " musical " . Same for titanium vs ss .

Sound also depends on whether carbon fiber , titanium , aluminum or ss is used to make muffler`s sleeve . You get best acoustics with carbon fiber .

I`m writing all of that so we compare apples with apples . Yosh`s Zyclone exhaust made out of mild , chromed steel with aluminum can sounds entirely different then stainless steel rs3 with race carbon fiber can .

The best sounding exhaust that I`ve heard was Yosh with full titanium headers with carbon can on my old 99 r1 . Carburetored bike with no fuel cut on deceleration like on FI bikes , sounded like it should , full orchestra .

FI bikes are too sterile for my tastes as far as the exhaust , backfire switch is no more . :icon_sad:

My exhaust system sounds better then yours . Period . Even if it is D&D . :icon_biggrin:

?????

If you're joking, a smiley would help you make that clear to me.

FIFY.

I though it was pretty obvious to everyone it was a joke .

I sincerely hope none of you thought I was being serious with my D&D statement either. I have D&D full system on the street bird and the aforementioned full system with the Drag Pack option for the dragbike. It is far louder than my old KZ with the Sidewinder megaphone. I bought my D&D when the bike was new because it was the least expensive full system you could buy at the time. I bought the one for the dragbike on this board because it was a killer deal and got the drag pack on clearance. If I had baller money like some people I'd have a TiForce or Akra, but I just can't afford it.

There's one good thing about a D&D, you are the loudest. There's a rapper with a line in a song that says "Bet ya bikes ain't louder than mine." If I ever meet him, I'm gonna ask him how many zeros will be at the end of my check!

I'm looking to replace the D&D can on my 4-2-1 system. I wanted Two Bros but have run into problems as thier Flange-on cans won't fit my s-bend pipe and they don't seem to have a slip on system that works for my application. I haven't really spent a lot of time worrying about because I've been busy otherwise but I do want to get a new can before Ozarxx.

There is good info here--thanks.

Full Yosh RS-3 s.s. system with carbon can. Have loved it (on both Birds) for more than 60K miles. Mellow down low and angry on the top end.

I have to agree with Tomek that the carbon cans sound best.

Hey, Furbird. I don't know how anything could be louder than a megaphone on an old KZ, but I bet my drag-bird could give yours a run for the money. 4-1 Yosh header with short extension tip. When I had it dynoed last week, there was no conversation within 50 yards of the trailer. Ear wax finger-tips for everyone. LOL

Hey, Furbird. I don't know how anything could be louder than a megaphone on an old KZ, but I bet my drag-bird could give yours a run for the money.

I can only guess but 5 bucks says you`ve never heard unmuffled rotary ( Wankel ) . :icon_whistle:

Hey, Furbird. I don't know how anything could be louder than a megaphone on an old KZ, but I bet my drag-bird could give yours a run for the money.

I can only guess but 5 bucks says you`ve never heard unmuffled rotary ( Wankel ) . :icon_whistle:

Can't say that I have, but I bet that is loud.

For the record, when I said "anything" I was thinking motorcycle exhausts. I forgot I was in the "garage" where all the "Anal elite" hang out. :icon_biggrin:

i guess since i started this thread i should post that i have the leo vince carbon fiber slip ons!! i like them alot but i am looking for something with a little more scream to them,but keep the same look that i have going on now,alot of people keep telling me yoshi's,but i have'nt heard enough of them on 1100xx to decide exactly the sound i am looking for! is there any place to hear sample sounds of different exhaust on a particular bike? these damn slip ons are too damn exspensive to keep buying and trying!!!!!!!! if any one is intrested,maybe some trading around or something?????

Payton

post-114498-1301779793.jpg

i guess since i started this thread i should post that i have the leo vince carbon fiber slip ons!! i like them alot but i am looking for something with a little more scream to them,but keep the same look that i have going on now,alot of people keep telling me yoshi's,but i have'nt heard enough of them on 1100xx to decide exactly the sound i am looking for! is there any place to hear sample sounds of different exhaust on a particular bike? these damn slip ons are too damn exspensive to keep buying and trying!!!!!!!! if any one is intrested,maybe some trading around or something?????

Payton

Go to some meets. You will get to hear a variety of systems.

Payton

For what its worth here is a link to exhaust sound files.

http://www.sportrider.com/tech/146_0410_pi...lips/index.html

I've got Yoshi slip ons on my 99XX, and like others have said they are neighbor friendly until you wind it up. I'm pretty fond of the sound of the titanium Akrapovic slip ons that I have on my Busa. Deep and throaty, even while at idle.

I prefer the stock exhaust.....simply because it is so stealthy.

Cops are far less likely to scope you out if they can't hear you.

I have been through the loud exhaust phase of my life.

Big Tube Chambers With No Baffles.

1972-21.jpg

When I owned the XX, I had a set of Two Bros on the bike and then had a chance to buy a set of MIGs and changed them out. I can honestly say, I've never heard a better sounding XX than with the MIGs.

My present street bike is an '07 600RR and I've got an Arata slipon on that bike. I heard a lot of 600RRs with different sounding exhaust and I have to rank the Arata right up there at the top of the list both in quality and sound. My wife's 600RR has an Arata full system on it and it is an awesome sound too.

I like the stainless yoshi slip ons i have. They are deep and throaty while idling and pretty quiet over all. I'd like something a touch louder, but i'm happy with them.

How many miles you got on your Leo's?

Like I said mine got 25k miles on them and they just keep getting better sounding.

I do like your carbon Leo's on your blue bird.. They pretty.. :icon_evilgrin:

i just got my bike back from the local speed shop, having my carbs built and tuned,and all of the sudden the leo vince are screaming!!!! amazing what a good carb guy can do!!!!!!!

I have modified Microns on the quad and Vance and Hines on the zxx.

I have been told the VH sounds good by others.

The VH's have been modified too.

It's all behind me, as far as the sound.