CBR1100XX.org Forum

Vibranator

A while back, I came across a thread at Adventure Riders discussing a product called Vibranator. After finding that the product wasn't what I original thought it may be... :icon_evilgrin: I read many positive reviews about how well the product, reduced or eliminated hand numbness and pain caused by feeling the resonant frequency in the handlebars.

Vibranator for Honda CBR and VFR models

I bookmarked the page and forgot about it for almost a year.

A few months ago, I came across the bookmark and started thinking about how much the resonant frequency that I was feeling in the Blackbird's handlebars was starting to bother me and how I was riding the FJR1300 far more often because I didn't feel the resonant frequency on that bike.

I found that the ADVRIDER coupon code provided a nice discount and decided to order a set. Besides, they're actually guaranteed to work as advertised and can be returned for any reason within 30 days.

Because of some other work that I was doing on the Blackbird over the winter, today was my first opportunity to take the XX out on the highway and compare the Vibranators to the extra-heavy Throttlemeister bar ends that I'd been using for the past 58,000 miles.

After almost 300 miles at highway speeds with the RPMs in a range generally between 4200 to 5500, I can only say HOLY SHIT! The amount of resonant frequency was so drastically reduced that I had absolutely no numbness in my hands after riding for several straight hours.

I know that the amount of resonant frequency felt in motorcycle handlebars will depend upon many factors, including the individual rider's hand mass and it may not even be noticeable to the majority of riders but for me, these tuned mass dampers worked exactly as advertised.

Or the balance shafts needed adjustment... :icon_whistle:

CBX makes my hands feel like I've been holding a power drill for too long after about an hour. I need to look into something for that...

• 3 months later...
I'd say there is something wrong with your blackbird.

After this past weekend, I was actually wondering about my Bird or possibly me. The later I feel is true right now. Last weekend I rode out to Mid-Ohio for the AMA road races. From my place, we are looking at just under 700 miles on the day. On the return trip home, my hand kept going to sleep on me. When I latched on the ThrottleMeisters, I would be okay, no numbness or tingling. If I would get back manually on the throttle the sensations would return. At first I thought it might be the bike. Tires out of balance, something came loose causing the vibrations, ect. However, I wasn't feeling the sensations in both hands. I was only feeling this in my right/throttle hand. I checked things out anyway, and came up empty on my original thoughts. My problem after all of this is that I still had tingling in my right hand 3 days later. To say the least, I got a doctors appointment scheduled for next week, but I am starting to think that it is Carpal Tunnel or some early stage of it. Not a fun thing to deal with, but if you get in on it early enough, there is no surgery needed.

@LAMZ

Hopefully it isn't a pinched nerve, I've got one in my neck, it makes my right elbow and two finger go numb/tingly. Much to the chagrin of my doctor and RMT, the angle of my neck while riding the bird helps.

@LAMZ

Hopefully it isn't a pinched nerve, I've got one in my neck, it makes my right elbow and two finger go numb/tingly. Much to the chagrin of my doctor and RMT, the angle of my neck while riding the bird helps.

I mentioned to my chiropractor that I feel better after riding. I demonstrated the riding position, and he said that position was exactly what I need to correct the two bulging disks I have. Adding the weight of the helmet is a plus that will strengthen the muscles in my neck and back.

Go figure.

• 10 months later...
I'd say there is something wrong with your blackbird.

After this past weekend, I was actually wondering about my Bird or possibly me. The later I feel is true right now. Last weekend I rode out to Mid-Ohio for the AMA road races. From my place, we are looking at just under 700 miles on the day. On the return trip home, my hand kept going to sleep on me. When I latched on the ThrottleMeisters, I would be okay, no numbness or tingling. If I would get back manually on the throttle the sensations would return. At first I thought it might be the bike. Tires out of balance, something came loose causing the vibrations, ect. However, I wasn't feeling the sensations in both hands. I was only feeling this in my right/throttle hand. I checked things out anyway, and came up empty on my original thoughts. My problem after all of this is that I still had tingling in my right hand 3 days later. To say the least, I got a doctors appointment scheduled for next week, but I am starting to think that it is Carpal Tunnel or some early stage of it. Not a fun thing to deal with, but if you get in on it early enough, there is no surgery needed.

This is a REALLY late response but I don't come into this forum very often. Make sure your gloves aren't too tight. I have a pair of alpinestars that I like but they are just a little too tight and will cause a couple fingers in my right hand to go to sleep. After using them on a couple of trips it does take many days for the tingling/numbness to go away. I stopped using those gloves and have not had the problem since.