CBR1100XX.org Forum

Eggs ?

DaveK

My trainer suggested that on days I am weight training I should have 1 whole egg and 5 egg whites totaling 6 eggs for breakfast?

I don't see my doctor until the 23rd of the month for my monthly physical to ask him.

Thoughts?

Changes in my diet based on paleo platform tell me eggs are very safe. Serum cholesterol (the stuff your body makes and puts in your blood) is more affected by sugar than dietary cholesterol. I eat 4 whole eggs for breakfast when the mood hits me, about 3-4 times a week and have been doing so for years. Last blood test a year ago is still as normal as ever and I am 41 years old.

Basics of paleo platform...

Eat meat and plants

Avoid grain like the plague

Eat food as close to natural as you can

Stay hungry sometimes

(no sugar, no wheat) I have occasional oats and rice, but no wheat if I can help it.

My favorite refined food is still beer and bourbon though :icon_whistle:

About five years ago I realized that carb-based breakfast was causing me to get sleepy by mid-morning and to overeat at lunch. Now I have two scrambled eggs with diced ham and a lot of fresh, chopped spinach on a slice of toast every morning. Takes 15 minutes to prepare and most days I can eat a very light lunch or none at all and not feel hungry until dinner. Zero adverse changes in cholesterol or blood pressure.

I have been reading the magazine "clean eating" for about 5 months now. You would like it.

Thanks for the tip! I like their website. You may like Mark's Daily Apple http://www.marksdailyapple.com/. I bought his book.

• 1 month later...

There is nothing at all wrong with carbs in the morning. But just like every meal, it needs balance.

I eat 3 whole and 3 whites every day... + some wheat toast.

2.5 hrs later, i eat half a cup of oatmeal.

Carbs are your friends. You just have to control what kind you eat.

No one ever got fat on whole grains and oatmeal. GI and glycogen stores are CRITICAL to getting good lifts in. You eat protien all day and you will feel like a turd in the sun when it comes time to workout. Good carbs = good energy.