CBR1100XX.org Forum

Retro Honda paint

Hank.SD

I have a real thing for 80's Honda paint. I love the RWB 80's schemes, most likely because I spent my entire teens drooling over them.

I was pissing around with a paint program (GIMP) and basically took a VF1000R paint job and slapped it on an XX.

Yes, I know I suck at paint software :icon_twisted:

I don't really need to paint my xx, but the paint is showing some age. I would be very tempted to do something along these lines if I did paint it.

Any thoughts or comments? Don't worry you can't hurt my feelings.

The biggest downside is I would risk killing what little resale value the bike has now, but I really don't think I care.

vf1000rOnXX.jpg

love the scheme with the exception of the belly panel. Not a big fan of white on the bottom.... even on my bike thats all white I had a hard time not painting it black or something on the bottom.

I like your scheme, reminds me of my first sport bike...an 83 Interceptor 700.

Its modeled after an 85 VF1000R interceptor.

Cbrbear - good point. Not sure how I could change things around to make that red or blue.

I appreciate the comments. Glad I'm not alone in liking it. My main riding buddy about puked when he saw it.

I just came in my pants! Wow, that's even better than the one Furious did. If I ever repainted my bird, that is the scheme I will be using.

BTW, Hank, you need new friends.

I just came in my pants! Wow, that's even better than the one Furious did. If I ever repainted my bird, that is the scheme I will be using.

BTW, Hank, you need new friends.

LOL I let Chris know that I need new friends and he referred to us old enough to appreciate the 80's as "old bastards" or something along those lines.

Just came home from a hard day on the job and this made it all OK. Nice work and thanks!!!

Edit: I think an undertail might be a good consideration.

• 1 month later...
I have a real thing for 80's Honda paint. I love the RWB 80's schemes, most likely because I spent my entire teens drooling over them.

I was pissing around with a paint program (GIMP) and basically took a VF1000R paint job and slapped it on an XX.

Yes, I know I suck at paint software :icon_twisted:

I don't really need to paint my xx, but the paint is showing some age. I would be very tempted to do something along these lines if I did paint it.

Any thoughts or comments? Don't worry you can't hurt my feelings.

The biggest downside is I would risk killing what little resale value the bike has now, but I really don't think I care.

vf1000rOnXX.jpg

Pretty sure I've seen that sort of paint scheme on one of those Chinese fairing kits :icon_confused:

• 2 weeks later...

I bought that Interceptor when I was in college in Abilene, Tx in 1988. It was owned by a B-1 pilot stationed at Dyess AFB. When I bought it , he showed me his log book that listed everytime he rode it with date location miles ridden, temperature, etc. To say it was a well documented bike would be a gross understatement. I had every intention of keeping it up but by the second week....not so much. It was a great bike and I regret selling it. I don't think I have ever seen abnother with full fairing and Honda RWB paint like that.

That's great! The tux and cig are funny.

I just sold this bike:

83Interceptor2.jpg

About an hour ago.

I had the same 700cc bike same color as well, back in high school. Man I was cool, what happened?