CBR1100XX.org Forum

2004 CBR1000RR Track Bike SOLD..SOLD

I bought this bike in 2005 with an Illinois “Junk Title”, which means that it cannot be put back into street form. It has been my track bike since the 2006 season. Total track days on the bike are….

2006….3

2007….2

2008….8

2009….5

2010….It was not ridden, just started occasionally and kept on a battery tender.

It has 4xxx miles showing on the odometer and that is a higher than actual number because I changed the sprockets soon after tracking the bike. -1 front and +3 in the rear. There is some repaired damage to the left side of the race plastic after a little off and low-side at Tally in May of 2009. Nothing was bent except for the factory rear sets and I replaced them with a new set of Vortex rear sets and rode the bike again at Road Atlanta in June, Nashville in Aug. and Tally in Sept. Now the goodies that are on the bike….

* Ohlins 20mm Valving and springs in the front forks (set up for 190 lb rider) These forks were refreshed in July 2009 by John at CTR

* Ohlins HO347 rear Shock (set up for 190 lb rider) Preload adj., high and low comp. dampening, and rebound

* PCIII usb

* Jardine RT1 slip on with Alum can

* Galfer Stainless lines (Red) front and rear brakes and clutch

* Motil RBF600 fluid used in the above

* Michelin Power Race Tires……Will come with new rear tire.

* Afam front sprocket… -1

* Sidewinder T-Moly rear… +3

* Vortex Rear sets (Black)……new this summer and setup for GP shift

* Mirror Block-off plates

* Swingarm spools

* O.E.S. brand frame sliders

* Safety wired at oil filler, oil filter, oil drain, and rear axle bolt

* Mobil 1 15W-50 has been used since I bought it

I am asking $4000 for the bike the way it sits. I also have a complete set of spare wheels for the bike. Front with a used Power Race…$225

Rear with a used Power Race…………$300

I am in the Knoxville, TN area and would help with pickup, up to 100 miles or so. You can contact me via PM on here or at…865-304-0254….leave a message if no answer.

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

Why does this stuff always show up when I don't have the money??? :icon_banghead:

This is exactly what I'm looking for, too...

I would say that it varies from state to state, but I don't know for sure. If it had a clear title I would say that it would add another $1500 or so with all of the stuff that's on it. To buy the suspension stuff, brand new, would be approx. $2500 and then there is installation of the front fork stuff.

In TN with cars you can get a rebuilt title if you can prove the vehicle has been fixed. I took pictures of my car wrecked, then pics of it fixed and took it all to DMV and got the salvage title changed to a rebuilt title and tagged it. Might be worth checking into, especially if you can get a mechanic to certify it's safe for street use as a bonus.

You guys need to look into the difference between a salvage/rebuild title and a junk/scrap title before you make too many plans. I'm pretty sure it's impossible to put a junk title frame back on the street- just like the ad says ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...