CBR1100XX.org Forum

For sale - My wildest fantasy.

I found a '97 for $3,700. I showed it to my wife. She asked how I was going to pay for it and then discussed some options....

This is a test, right? She's being way too nice to me. Wonder if she doubled my insurance?

Dip into th 401K for part of it? Small loan for part of it? My Hurricane I bought in '97 for a little over $3,000. I think I get a good chunk of that back out of it. Don't want yo sell it though.

I'M SO CONFUSED!

(...yeah, well, more than normal, K?)

I have a van that needs ABS fixed, a kid in college I commited to pay hs loan interest, truck could use a horn fixed and ABS is out. Ther's a great little Honda Accord down the street 200,000 - asking $2.500, CBX has a bent connecting rod in cyl #1 and 4th gear problem, a CB750F "kit" in boxes with 3 engines, a snowmobile that needs a hood fixed, another snowmobile that I bought a skid to swap in that I have to finish, a third snowmobile that needs a recoil fixed.... You get the picture. At least I don't have a boat to winterize.

...I have no business buying the bird.

I could trade a 300 Win. Mag for part of it, but he's moving out od country and I didn't ask where or suggest

the trade.

:icon_eh:

...twenty year wedding anniversary present to us?

Well -- the upside is that the bird won't need the repairs like the other things.

And money is only money, easier replace and there is lots more money in the world than motorcycles.

I had a 88 Hurricane. Loved it. Then got an 99 XX. Better still. Much better. My favorite bike so far. Recently added a 96 CBR1000F. The missing link.

I say go for it. You only live once. I like your idea of the anniversery gift. That is if your wife is into motorcycles.

$3,700 is too much for a '97 unless it's immaculate with really low miles. Even then, that's way in the upper range of acceptable.

edit- Joe beat me to it.

I was thinking that too, but hesitated to say it. Sounds like a grand too high.

In Canada that would be a steal. XXs are damn rare here, mine is the only one I've ever seen in the classifieds for less than 5 grand. $3200 for a 98 with 47,000 km and some fairing rash . . . and the guy wanted to weasel out of the deal because he got about 2 dozen calls on it while he was outside showing it to me. Bikes are so much cheaper down south, but not worth the drive and the hassle for something in that price range for someone as far from the border as I am.

Called the bank. They said OK. within reason.

Emailed seller - he said he'd show it to me....

couple emails later he clammed up.

...wonder if his wife told him he had to sell it ... and he really doesn't want to.

...or he realizes I'm crazy.....

Maybe he's afraid of the interweb.

He has my Ph No. and address. Maybe he's the interweb mugger...

Maybe it was a on-line scam.

Tune in tomorrow for the next episode of "As the Stomach Turns".

Dibs on the CBX, 750F kit, and .300 Win Mag?

Taking offers?

Everything has its price..... :icon_twisted:

Useing this search, I'd agree that you should be looking at about $3000 even.

I ran it a couple ways. changed it to blackbird - tried 2000, a lot of the ads are still asking 4~5K. There were a couple in the low $3000 range. Most were asking more.

It made me pause for a second. Titanium is the color I want and 2000's were FI, right? I sould probably wait and get a 2000.

I'll have to see what he says.

I told him it was probably for the best....

Bill,

Sorry to say but the bike sold this morning, just pending check clearance. If it falls through I will let you know, but I am not thinking it will.

SHANE

Super Blackbird CBR 1100XX - $3700

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: 2010-08-30, 10:51PM CDT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It makes me sick to sell, but I have taken a job overseas and do not want this bike to sit in storage for two years or more.

This bike is a powerhouse designed for an experienced rider, so first time riders/owners need not inquire, I will not sell to you.

As one of the fastest production bikes ever made, this 1997 CBR 1100 has been superbly maintained. With only 21000 miles , it has been adult owned, and never raced. The bike has a custom Corbin seat with detachable backrest, D&D exhaust pipes, zero gravity windshield, a throttlemeister throttle lock/control, and much more.

You will receive with the bike:

2 Zeus flip-up helmets (medium)

1 Scorpio i-500 2 way FM alarm system

1 Motorcycle cover

1 Whisper Radar Detector

1 Set of RKA soft luggage

1 LP leather tank bra

1 Set of original exhaust pipes (new)

1 original seat (new)

This truly is a joy to ride, stable, fast, and very comfortable. The tires where replaced in the fall of 2009 and have less than 1500 miles on them, new oil and filter the beginning of this summer. You will have everything needed to get in on some great fall rides, my loss can be your gain.

Price is negotiable, but only serious inquires please with more photos available as requested.

Thanks for looking

Well this tread started some interesting PM's though. Thanks guys.

What does high miles do to the price on these bikes, say 100,000 miles?

ByeByeBlackbird.bmp

Heres an 02 for $3,500.00

Linky

That bike is about a half hour from me. Wisconsin isn't a bad ride this time of year.

That might be nice. I bent my #1 con rod THE morning of our annual 1100F get-together. Wife deemed to stay home. This might give us a chance to get a ride in together this year.

I was ready to pull the trigger on this one, because it was right here in town. Easy. It had all those darn extras too.

I could fly to Indy and ride it home that's not that far of a trip. I'd be a little worried that a bike wouldn't be what a seller said it was.

I could fly to Indy and ride it home that's not that far of a trip. I'd be a little worried that a bike wouldn't be what a seller said it was.

There's board members in the area that would check it out for you. Some of them might even be nice enough to pick you up at the airport, put you up for the night, offer you a little anal, take you to the bike, and send you on your way. Just ask

• Upvote 1

There's board members in the area that would check it out for you. Some of them might even be nice enough to pick you up at the airport, put you up for the night, offer you a little anal, take you to the bike, and send you on your way. Just ask

Ha - now I'm getting the hard sell.

I know a guy from another board down that direction too. He probably wouldn't make the generous anal offer, buy I'm sure I'd have a headache from way too much JD and Coke by the next morning.

I might have to change the thread title. Just buying a bike is starting to sound mundane compared with the baggage.

:icon_evilgrin:

• 2 weeks later...
Heres an 02 for $3,500.00

Linky

That bike is about a half hour from me. Wisconsin isnt a bad ride this time of year.

He has it on ebay for$3300. It was sold on craigslist just 3-4 weeks ago for $2500.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-Honda-...=item3cb0f47d01

it isnt far away, but i doubt he'd go much under 3000