CBR1100XX.org Forum

Peg lowering brackets.

Zero Knievel

I'm wondering how much the peg lowering brackets affect ride comfort.

http://www.cbr1100xx.org/forums/index.php?...wering+brackets

I'm also interested in knowing (from those who've done it), how it affect access of the shifter and rear brake and if any other adjustments are needed. It's only a 3/4" difference, but some make it sound like it's a major improvement.

I've found it to be a significant improvement in comfort - more than I was expecting. The brake & shifter arms' adjustments compensate adequately, depending on your boot size, of course. The only issue I've found is that the sidestand, when in the "UP" position, will contact the (lowered) left footpeg, and is subsequently depressed about 3/16" (.48cm); but nonetheless, it does not activate the sidestand switch.

The shifter can be moved to a different position. Easy.

The brake can be moved down also, but then the brake light will come on when you don't want it on.

Take the cotter pin out of the brake clevis and spin the shaft all the way up. You may want to cut 1/4" off the rod with a Dremmel. I did.

Then locate the brake switch (above the brake pedal) and spin the adjusting knob all the way up against the switch body.

This will prevent the light from coming on just because you lowered the pedal.

Easy, enjoy. (You needed a Dremmel anyway, didn't you?)

Already have a Dremmel.

Easier to cut off old chains than to use a big ass grinder.

So, I can figure on making adjustments to pedals if I install the kit. Now to figure out if the improvement in posture is enough to warrant doing it.

I'm 5' 10", but I feel rides more in the knees of late.

I'm 5'8" and it made me more comfortable.

I just installed them, didn't have to adjust anything, and they have been fine for the three or so years I have had them.

I've found it to be a significant improvement in comfort - more than I was expecting. The brake & shifter arms' adjustments compensate adequately, depending on your boot size, of course. The only issue I've found is that the sidestand, when in the "UP" position, will contact the (lowered) left footpeg, and is subsequently depressed about 3/16" (.48cm); but nonetheless, it does not activate the sidestand switch.

+1 I bought some in the 1st buy and love them, @~6'1" and ~300lb's and having spent a lot of time in the building industry and having dodgy knees they made quite a bit of difference to me :icon_biggrin: I reckon about the best compromise between legroom and clearance :icon_confused:

The shifter can be moved to a different position. Easy.

The brake can be moved down also, but then the brake light will come on when you don't want it on.

Take the cotter pin out of the brake clevis and spin the shaft all the way up. You may want to cut 1/4" off the rod with a Dremmel. I did.

Then locate the brake switch (above the brake pedal) and spin the adjusting knob all the way up against the switch body.

This will prevent the light from coming on just because you lowered the pedal.

Easy, enjoy. (You needed a Dremmel anyway, didn't you?)

Yeah I had to drop the shifter 1 notch and do a bit of fiddling to drop the brake lever etc :icon_think: As far as the sidestand, I found it hitting my boot so I drilled it near the top and put in a self tapper to drop it down a fraction (~1") and then made a wedge of ally to go under the mount as it was grounding out while cornering :icon_surprised: I just unbolted the brake cyl and cut the bolt with a small hacksaw as I didn't have a dremmel :icon_think:

There is another thread with pics :icon_think: I do need to get some more blocks now due to bending one in my recent crash :icon_wall:

What the heck. I'll give them a try. I could always remove them and sell them if I'm not happy with them. I've got a pair of VFR800 handlebar/clipons coming, so we'll see how that helps the comfort factor.

It made a difference for me. My right knee has always been sensitive to long rides. It still gets stiff but its a lot better. You will need to do something about the side stand. A friend with a mig welder just welded a big glob of metal on the side of mine and it works just fine. Sounds bad but I never even look at the side stand and actually completely forgot about that until this thread. If you have OEM pegs you should get some GP style pegs with out the rubber. They will give you more ground clearance at the same time give you a little bit more leg room.

It made a big difference for both me and my girl.

We're both over 6'

I lowered the shifter, but didn't do anything with the foot break .

And took of the feelers on the pegs.

Ruth sold the XX and bought a FZ6 FAZER .

I grinded it a little bit and it fitted the Yamaha :icon_biggrin: