CBR1100XX.org Forum

Lubricating the Drive Chain

79cbxmike

I’ve taken to putting on a rubber glove and applying a good coating of standard wheel bearing grease to the drive chain.

Comments?

:icon_think:

I’ve taken to putting on a rubber glove and applying a good coating of standard wheel bearing grease to the drive chain.

Comments?

29ur2oy.png

troll-web.jpg:icon_whistle:

Comments?

As a guy that's worked on and used Heavy Earth-moving Equipment for 17+ years, I can tell you that's one of the Worst things you can do.....

Comments?

As a guy that's worked on and used Heavy Earth-moving Equipment for 17+ years, I can tell you that's one of the Worst things you can do.....

Yep, all the dust and crap will now stick to your chain.

Hmmm.... I also sense a troll...

But I use Dupont Teflon Multiuse Spray at Lowes. On my latest DID X-ring chain I have gotten over 22K miles so far. I almost never have to tighten the chain. I am amazed at how long this chain has lasted. I think the Teflon spray has helped keep the o-rings lubricated. I keep the can in my bag and spray the chain once or twice a day on long rides.

But I use Dupont Teflon Multiuse Spray at Lowes. On my latest DID X-ring chain I have gotten over 22K miles so far. I almost never have to tighten the chain. I am amazed at how long this chain has lasted. I think the Teflon spray has helped keep the o-rings lubricated. I keep the can in my bag and spray the chain once or twice a day on long rides.

You know I found that stuff 2 yrs ago, and started using it. Early this yr I read an article about it and how much everyone loves it. I thought I was special but guess great minds think alike. :icon_whistle:

You know I found that stuff 2 yrs ago, and started using it. Early this yr I read an article about it and how much everyone loves it. I thought I was special but guess great minds think alike. :icon_whistle:

I wonder how well it would work in a Pro-oiler?

Remember those bikes that had the chain totally enclosed? I would put one of those on of I could fit it. Until then, Mike, you should look into a pro-oiler.

I'm using Tri-Flow. It's good stuff. Now if someone could build a system that would spray it on the chain at the push of a button, I'd be happy. Fuel injector nozzle and a reservoir?

I'm using Tri-Flow. It's good stuff. Now if someone could build a system that would spray it on the chain at the push of a button, I'd be happy. Fuel injector nozzle and a reservoir?

You could get a washer fluid pump and nozzle from a car. (Hopefully the seals will be compatible with petroleum based fluids.) Make sure you get a nozzle that "fans out" a little bit and you will likely need a needle valve or some other device to control the flow.