CBR1100XX.org Forum

DASH BULBS

XXMAN

I wish to upgrade the bulbs in the gauge cluster to something brighter. Anyone do this if so where did you get your bulbs ?

I replaced the ones on my 98's dash with Blue T10's from Jaycar a local company :icon_think:

Buying the LEDs loose would have been cheaper but I picked up a white set from these guys (I think)

It was a little little finiky to install, but not bad, looks 1000x better in white than that dull yellow.

....wish the busa was that easy :icon_sad:

Buying the LEDs loose would have been cheaper but I picked up a white set from these guys (I think)

It was a little little finiky to install, but not bad, looks 1000x better in white than that dull yellow.

....wish the busa was that easy :icon_sad:

It's a 98

If I have to go with stockers to get a direct replacement then I will I don't want to have to fiddle with making them fit and work right. I replaced with brighter bulbs on my zx11 and it was easy but the bird bulbs appear to fit differently. Do they pop out of the screw thing that holds them or is it one piece. I know I probably sound retarded but I am handyman challenged.

Looking at the '98 fiche on service honda, it looks like yours just uses the push in lamps:

2054_SPEEDOMETER%2097-00.gif

My VFR800 uses the same so I picked up a few of these, they work great.

Looking at the '98 fiche on service honda, it looks like yours just uses the push in lamps:

2054_SPEEDOMETER%2097-00.gif

My VFR800 uses the same so I picked up a few of these, they work great.

Just what I needed thanks much

I picked up a set of high intensity leds for my and my bots 99 and 2000 birds off EBay. They are a T10 socket style and were pretty inexpensive and make a huge difference in brightness with out the heat of the incadescent. Just type in high intensity T10. It was single LED not the multiple type. If you put them in be advised they are polarity sensitive. If it doesn't light uop turn it 180 and reinstal.

I did my instrument bulbs in LED awhile ago and quite honestly can't remember the exact bulb I used. I did get some spares and will look around for them. I know that I got them from here, super bright led.com. And I'm pretty sure those were the ones I ordered.

If you measure your stock bulbs (they pull out of the holders) you can compare them to the measurements given on this website and then call the company to discuss. That's more or less what I did. I had to return a few and swap a few before I got the right ones... good company to deal with, in my experience. Oh, and you should have two different sized bulbs... one size is the back lighting for the dash, the others are the actual indicators.

The other thing I learned is to go with the actual color you need for the indicator and not just get white. White softens the color, meaning it turns a red color (Check Eng light, ex.) to pink... so get green for neutral, red for check engine, blue for high beams, etc...

Sorry I can't be more specific than that right now... if I find the spare bulbs I have (they're pretty little), I'll post up. They work great and are much brighter than stock, so it's worth the effort and cost involved to do so.

I did my instrument bulbs in LED awhile ago and quite honestly can't remember the exact bulb I used. I did get some spares and will look around for them. I know that I got them from here, super bright led.com. And I'm pretty sure those were the ones I ordered.

If you measure your stock bulbs (they pull out of the holders) you can compare them to the measurements given on this website and then call the company to discuss. That's more or less what I did. I had to return a few and swap a few before I got the right ones... good company to deal with, in my experience. Oh, and you should have two different sized bulbs... one size is the back lighting for the dash, the others are the actual indicators.

The other thing I learnt is to go with the actual color you need for the indicator and not just get white. White softens the color, meaning it turns a red color (Check Eng light, ex.) to pink... so get green for neutral, red for check engine, blue for high beams, etc...

Sorry I can't be more specific than that right now... if I find the spare bulbs I have (they're pretty little), I'll post up. They work great and are much brighter than stock, so it's worth the effort and cost involved to do so.

The T10's are a direct swap as stated above, just pull the black caps off (~1/4 turn) and pull the stockers out and replace with the T10's making sure of the polarity as described :icon_wink:

As above I used blue on the middle globes (makes the speedo/tacho/clock blue) and white on the outer ones as the blue turned the red zone of the tacho and the fuel gauge almost black :icon_confused:

The other thing I learnt is to go with the actual color you need for the indicator and not just get white. White softens the color, meaning it turns a red color (Check Eng light, ex.) to pink... so get green for neutral, red for check engine, blue for high beams, etc...

The T10's are a direct swap as stated above, just pull the black caps off (~1/4 turn) and pull the stockers out and replace with the T10's making sure of the polarity as described :icon_wink:

As above I used blue on the middle globes (makes the speedo/tacho/clock blue) and white on the outer ones as the blue turned the red zone of the tacho and the fuel gauge almost black :icon_confused:

Good advice thanks everybody.