CBR1100XX.org Forum

New FPR, same problem.

jeffro67

99 bb, slip ons, k&n filter

Bike idles a little rough, and stumbles and surges until about 3500 rpms

From all the advice and research on this it seemed like it had to be the FPR so i ordered one for 60 bucks from the stealership and the bike still is running the same, maybe getting worse.

I didn't have the telltale fuel coming from the FPR vaccuum hose but someone else had a bad fpr with no gas in that either so i thought i was in the same boat.

What to check now?

Could the sparkplugs be fouled and need replacing?

When you take the fuel line off off the rail is it supposed to slowly pour fuel out, or is it only supposed to come out when the key is on?

I talked to a local shop and they said to change the plugs because they might be fouled and only clear themselves out when the higher rpms are reached.

Well i guess it won't hurt to replace them, so thats what i'm gonna do after this post.

any other suggestions?

thanks alot, Jeff.

if you mean you took the banjo fitting off the left end of the fuel rail and fuel only dripped out, that's a problem....

If you took the return line off the FPR on the right end and fuel only dripped out, that's a problem...

If you pulled the vacumn line off the FPR and fuel dripped out thats a problem...( but may not unless you pull a vacumn on it, that's how you know and the fuel pump need to be running, IE under pressure)

I think you have one of two problems, the little valves in the WAX unit are stuck out...where the wax lever arm pulles the little valves in each TB, little fingers...They do stick and will make it rough..Or your injectors need cleaning. I have done it by taking them out andspraying carb cleaner in the inletside and blowing with a blow gun in the outlet side..works good.

Well i put the new plugs in and i took it for a ride, runs great now!

Did notice that the old plugs weren't very tight, almost could take them out by hand. couldn't really tell you if they are"fouled" or not.

So either the fpr was bad and fouled the plugs, Or it was just a bad plug replacement by previous owner, Or when i took the power commander off it caused the plugs to foul somehow.

I may never really know, and i'm ok with that, I'm gonna leave well enough alone until it rears its ugly head again!

And a knew FPR can't be too bad to have anyway...

Just glad to have this thing running so good again, Thanks for the support, Jeff.