CBR1100XX.org Forum

Brake bleeding

Sandbag

On 6/22/2010 at 6:23 AM, Sandbag said:

Fixxed :icon_evilgrin: I took the front wheel back off, pulled the pads, & pumped the MC & the pistons one at a time extended. I then pushed the pistons back in one at a time & set the pads back in. Pumped the MC & I suddenly had full lever :icon_think: . After reassembling the front end I still had full lever. Checked the MC & it was 3/4 low. Filled it back up & I'm back in business. I'm not sure where the bubble was or how it came out but I'm back in business.

Google brought me home. I was looking for part numbers on calipers right Vs left front. Does anyone have a link?

....OK, I have a soft rear brake lever and I,m losing brake fluid in the master cylinder very slowly.

When my son dropped the bikes in the garage last summer, I noted a small drop from the joint where the metal tube meets the casting. It appeared to stop. I did however have to put fluid in during my ride last weekend.

I'm guessing the caliper can't be repaired. I suppose it could be something else as well. 

...well after giving it thought, it may be the first time the top has been off since 2000. The leak I saw would have been the line not the casting in all probability. Maybe it's not a huge deal.

Bleed the rear reservoir...

I didn't do a very good look at the pad thickness. I should be drummed out of the garage.

Will installing speed bleeder work better then a mighty bac?

I have the same the same issue but with the back break ( takes  some pumps ) to get firm and I hear a noise coming from front right side.

3 hours ago, googus said:

Will installing speed bleeder work better then a mighty bac?

I have the same the same issue but with the back break ( takes  some pumps ) to get firm and I hear a noise coming from front right side.

Same here. Back takes a pump or two to get brake. Front makes a clacking sound.

On 6/19/2019 at 4:07 AM, XXitanium said:

I noted a small drop from the joint where the metal tube meets the casting. It appeared to stop. I did however have to put fluid in during my ride last weekend.

Most likely the bolt is loose or maybe the washer/seal is bad, a bad casting would be my last suspicion.  The washers are never to be reused, but I have many times.  Before removing the bolt put a zip tie on the brake lever holding it in, doesn't need to be full pressure squeeze, just a little.  This locks the fluid in the master so the system doesn't drain while you work on stuff.

As for the noise from the front brake, I'd check the secondary master on the left caliper and the caliper pins.