CBR1100XX.org Forum

Plugs Replaced

runner

Are these even mentioned in our major maint. schedule...or only replaced if they show evidence of damage/corrosion?

It esp. seems a logical maint. item if your bird is 10 years old ...or older (like my '98 carb'd bird).

What are a few decent places to find good prices for repl wires? (Mine recently cut out a bit in heavy rain...not a fun experience while in traffic).

My best guess is to look up the cost and part numbers from Honda and see if anyone makes aftermarket versions (m/c performance websites?) to save money (most anyone is cheaper than OEM).

That or find a shop capable of making custom wires (not hard, but very few places still do that).

Well I run Nology wires. And coils.

So now you do. :icon_twisted:

Going to be a big deal any minute now.

And yes they work better...Worth it? I think so. But, hard to say if it would be for anybody else.

• 4 weeks later...
Never heard of someone swapping plug wires on the XX.

+1

I have replaced the coils and leads on my 98 XX BUT that was only because the caps were cracked and taped up on the coils :icon_surprised:

They were working OK but I was just a bit concerned about the cracks etc so got some later model coils off eBay way cheaper than buying replacement leads, was going to just change the leads but ended up swapping the whole lot :icon_think: